Application for Bonafide Certificate: A bonafide certificate is a document dispensed by an organisation to confirm that a distinct person belongs to that organisation. Ordinarily, educational institutes issue this certificate to its students. Firms may also do so for their employees.
In order to get the certificate, an application must be first made to the head of the appropriate institution/organisation. Some institutions may have a prescribed format of application form for this purpose. In case there is no application form, students can write a letter. In this article, we will provide the bonafide application format, example and uses.
Students can find more about certificates, explore the types used for academic purposes, professional purposes and more.
Bonafide Certificate Format
While every college/institute may have its individual format for the bonafide certificate, it will surely contain specifications such as the college name published on the letterhead, date of issuing, student’s details to whom it is issued, and sign by the head of the institution.
The format of the bonafide certificate is given below:
Application for Bonafide Certificate from School by Parents
One can talk with the concerned authority of the organization/institute trading with the topic for basic information regarding issues.
- To obtain the certificate, one has to demand the head of the institute/organization in writing. This is an easy request letter to the concerned person of the foundation to apply for a Bonafide certificate
- In some colleges, the student requires to submit an application in a designated format to the Institute. A sample copy of the Bonafide Application is presented here. In the case of first-year and direct second-year students requires an associate leaving certificate of the first college along with application form.
Some other reasons are:
- Passport application and visa extension
- To apply for educational loans
- To attend a seminar and workshops at other academic institutions
- To visit an industry for project work
- To avail travel concessions
- To join a public library
Bonafide Certificate for Student
The Boston College
The Boston College
Subject: Request for Bonafide Certificate
I, Deepa, Daughter of Mr.Mahesh.S, studying Bachelor of Science in Maths at The Boston College need a bonafide certificate to apply for my passport.
So, I kindly request you to issue me a bonafide certificate.
Yours Faithfully, Date: 10th Feb, 2020
S. Gokul Deepak Place: Guwahati
Bonafide Certificate for Employees
In order to get the Bonafide certificate, one has to appeal to the head of the institute/organization in writing. This is an uncomplicated request letter to the concerned person of an organization for applying for a certificate.
- To open a bank account
- To avail a bank loan
- To attend a conference or an official seminar
An example copy of the Employee Bonafide Requisition Letter is presented here.
Subject: Request for Bonafide Certificate
I would like to inform you that I am an employee in your company for the past six years with a good reputation. I want to get the bonafide certificate as an identity proof to open a bank account.
So, I request you to issue my bonafide certificate at the earliest. Here are my details:
Employee ID Number:
I am attaching all the necessary documents with the email. I will be highly obliged if you grant me the favor.
Documents Required for Bonafide Certificate
- Application Form
- Photocopy of ID card
- Fee Receipt (Fees to be paid at Counter while submitting application form)
- Copy of Employee ID card
- Copy of Payslip
Bonafide Certificate Uses
Since the bonafide certificate works as proof of doing part of an organisation, it is normally demanded in the following circumstances:
- A student attempting to obtain student permits granted by public transport companies such as city buses, local trains, and metros may be needed to provide this certificate while appealing for the concession.
- The document may also be needed while asking for a bonafide certiifcate for passport.
- Visa forms sometimes need this certificate particularly in cases where a separate student visa is allotted to students who are studying overseas or where a work visa is allotted to an employee of a company.
- Some lending institutions grant loans to students at concessional charges. The student may be expected to provide this certificate to get this benefit.
- The certificates produced before several traffic authorities to demand a driving license may comprise a bonafide certificate as additional ID proof.
- Some conferences, seminars, or other such events are managed exclusively for students/employees and approaches to such events may be given on the production of this document.
- To employ various student applications for bonafide certificate scholarships.
- Corporates may own tie-ups with companies to provide additional incomes. For example, a business may have a tie-up with a taxi service to grant a concession for their employees. The employees may confirm their qualifications with the help of this certificate.
FAQ’s on Application for Bonafide Certificate
What is a Bonafide Certificate?
It is an authenticated document that works as proof that a person belongs to an appropriate educational institute or an organisation. For students, it essentially specifies that a person belongs to a particular class and program at an institution for a distinct time period. While for employees, this certificate explains that the concerned individual is a part of a specific company/organisation working under a particular job profile.
What is the use of a Bonafide Certificate application?
This document can be demanded by multifarious purposes, which can diversify for students as well as employees.
As a student, you may need Bonafide Certification while appealing for institutional loans, visiting seminars or workshops at academic institutions, attending any organisation for project work, availing travel concessions or joining a public library.
As an employee, you may need bonafide certification to start a bank account, to visit an official colloquium or seminar or for any other company-related projects.
What is the difference between a Bonafide Certificate and Study Certificate?
Bonafide Certificate and Study Certificate vary as per their content as well as the direction they are required for. While a learning document only proves that an individual is studying at a particular academic institution and includes their name and class or course details, a bonafide certificate explains that a student is/was studying at a school/college/university for a specific time and remained in a specific location.
Thus, a bonafide certificate not only carries the class/course that the person is trying but also details like their address, date of birth, etc. which are needed to confirm their candidature for institutional loans, scholarship, government schemes.
Who issues a Bonafide Certificate?
Essentially, for a student, the head or principal of the administrative department/the academic institution provides this document while for an employee, the director/supervisor/manager of their concerned department/organisation gives their final permission of approval.
For how long this certificate is valid?
The bonafide certificate is valid only for three months.