10 Lines on World Wetlands Day: World Wetlands Day is observed on the2nd of February every year. This day highlights and celebrates the positive production that wetlands have had on the world and how it has benefited nature.
Wetlands have not only benefited humans but also other organisms and the planet Earth as a whole. Environment enthusiasts come together on this day, to spread awareness about the significance of wetland and also express their thankfulness to Mother Nature for the blessing of wetlands on Earth.
World Wetland Day was first celebrated in the year 1971 when several environmentalists gathered to pledge their love for wetland and raise its value in the eyes of ordinary people.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Wetland Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th class students.
- Wetlands are also called the kidneys of the environment.
- World Wetland Day is celebrated on the date of 2nd February every year.
- The first celebration was in the year 1971.
- The importance of wetland is highlighted on this day.
- People from different parts of the world celebrate this day and their love for wetlands.
- Wetlands are vital to the ecosystem and thus needs to be preserved.
- There is a different theme for celebrating this day every year.
- Wetlands are home to several plants and animals and are well integrated to biodiversity.
- Loss of wetlands degrades the environment.
- Thus, this day is essential to preserve more wetlands and look after the environment.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Wetland Day for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for 6th, 7th, and 8th class students.
- On 2nd February every year, World Wetland Day is celebrated.
- This day was first celebrated in the year 1971 by people who wanted their love for wetlands to be spread among others.
- A small environment consisting of plant life and organisms in water is called wetlands, which are highly beneficial to the ecosystem in several ways.
- The adoption of Convention on wetlands was in the Iranian city of Ramsar, on the shores of the Caspian Sea.
- The World Wetland Secretary department is originally from Gland, Switzerland.
- Each year, a specific theme is celebrated to help raise public awareness about the value of wetlands.
- World Wetland Day highlights the importance of wetlands in nature.
- Wetlands are being lost over increased population and misuse of nature.
- Several communities come together to spread awareness about wetland conservation.
- Communities from all over the World put forward their efforts taken to conserve wetlands and discuss its significance with each other.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Wetland Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 helps the students study in classes 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, or preparing for competitive exams.
- World Wetland Day is celebrated on 2nd February every year since 1971.
- Overpopulation and construction have led to the degradation of the environment in several ways, including the loss of wetlands.
- Environment enthusiasts from different corners of the world come together on this day to spread awareness of the significance of wetlands.
- Each year, World Wetland day is celebrated over a theme.
- The theme for 2021 is supposed to be ‘Wetland and Waters.’
- Wetlands purify, store, and recharge groundwater and also has a role in preventing floods.
- To prevent the loss of biodiversity in wetlands is equivalent to conserving all species of plant and animal that live in water.
- This day is used to spread global awareness of environmental conservation on a broader aspect.
- This day serves as a platform for people to express their love and concern for wetlands.
- It is essential to look after wetlands which are blessing from nature to humanity.
Frequently Asked Questions on World Wetland Day
When is World Wetland Day?
World Wetland Day is on 2nd February every year.
What is the significance of World Wetland Day?
On 2nd February 1971, is the day of adoption of Convention of Wetlands in the Iranian city of Ramsar on the shores of the Caspian Sea.
What is done on World Wetland Day?
On World Wetland day, environment enthusiast from the different community come together to spread the awareness of the significance of wetlands. This day is celebrated on a theme, and people express their love for wetlands and also express their thankfulness for the benefits it provides humans.
Why do we need World Wetland Day?
Since the very beginning, the production and distribution of materials for World Wetland Day have been financially supported. The wetlands not only prevent floods but also replenish drinking water, filter waste, provide urban green spaces and source of livelihood. Thus, wetlands are a crucial part of the ecosystem, and its significance should be highlighted via the World Wetland Day.