10 Lines on World Water Day: It is known that three essential things for humans to survive on Earth are air, water, and food. More resources are increased as our population increased. It leads to the overuse and exploitation of all-natural resources. According to research, we are left with a crisis where over 600 million people are living without a pure drinking water supply to their homes.
World Water Day is observed on the 22nd of March every year. The main aim of World Water Day is to educate the importance of water to the whole world. Also, it mainly focuses on reducing the wastage of water. Moreover, World Water Day is used to highlight the necessary improvement for access to water, hygiene facilities, and sanitation in all the countries. Check out the sets of ten lines on World Water Day.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Water Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- World Water Day is celebrated on the 22nd of March every year.
- World Water Day mainly focuses on increasing awareness of the importance of water.
- World Water Day highlights the important water resources.
- Every year, World Water Day mainly aims to give value and importance to freshwater.
- In 2019, World Water Day’s theme was ‘Leaving No One Behind’
- World Water Day in 2019, mainly focuses on providing water to everyone in the world by the end of 2030.
- In 1992, the United Nations designated the 22nd of March as World Water Day.
- Safe and freshwater is essential for schools, workplaces, farms, organizations, factories, and households.
- Everyone in the world organizes some of the cultural programs such as speeches, discussions, dramas, nature talks, seminars, educational events, and many more to celebrate World Water Day.
- Water offers a home for many of the species in the form of the ocean.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Water Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Water is one of the most crucial elements that are essential to life.
- Water plays an essential role in various parts of life.
- United Nations and other state members organize campaigns for water conservation all over the world.
- The adverse climate change, over-exploitation of water resources, droughts, pollution, floods, and ecological system affect results in the water crises.
- World Water Day adapts the promise for Sustainable Development by the end of 2030.
- World Water Day offers a platform to reach the goals of accessing fresh and clean water all over the world.
- Campaigns are organized to collect money for water projects to replenish water bodies.
- Schools, colleges, and NGOs conduct various events such as essay writing, speeches, painting, and many more on the occasion of World Water Day.
- Educational events plan to celebrate World Water Day all over the world.
- Some people will plant trees, restoring wetlands and reconnecting rivers to flood plains and many more, which help balance the water cycle.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Water Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Various competitions related to water are organized on the occasion of World Water Day.
- The USA, Japan, Ghana, Germany, Egypt, Pakistan, India, Nigeria, Bangladesh, and the United Nations member countries celebrate World Water Day.
- Initially, World Water Day was held at the UN Conference on Environment and Development in 1992.
- World Water Day’s main objective is to influence everyone in the world to know the importance of water.
- Every year, the United Nations spread the theme of World Water Day and spread the message all over the world.
- The United Nations has all the rights to celebrate World Water Day.
- The government should focus on water-related issues. Also, the government should take some responsibility to encourage people to know the importance of water.
- World Water Day celebrated by organizing some cultural events such as discussions, debates, speeches, etc on water management at local, national, and international levels.
- In 2019, the theme of World Water Day was ‘Leaving No One Behind’
- It is the responsibility of everyone to be a part of protecting the water from wastage.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on World Water Day
Which day is celebrated as World Water Day?
The United Nations General Assembly designated the 22nd of March as World Water Day.
Why is World Water Day celebrated?
World Water Day mainly focuses on awareness of the importance of freshwater. However, it is the best chance to learn about water-related issues, influence others by explaining the importance of water, and taking action to make a difference.
How can we save water?
Some of the tips to save water at home are:
- Installing a foot tap
- Attaching a shower head to tap fittings.
- Bringing a bucket
- Using wastewater wisely at home
- Using eco-friendly cleaning products.
What percentage of the world’s water is fresh?
Nearly 70 percent of the world is covered by water. Only 2.5 percent of it is freshwater, whereas the rest is ocean and saline water.