10 Lines on World Red Cross Day: World Red Cross Day is an important day that is celebrated every year. The day that World Red Cross Day is celebrated is 8th May. It is dedicated to protecting the lives of people from natural disasters and epidemic diseases.
On World Red Cross Day, people feel inspired to take up various projects to make a difference in the world. People take up projects on an individual as well as a community basis. They make efforts to promoting humanitarian activities in their surroundings. The local government contributes towards the World Red Cross Day by providing care during health disasters.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Donor Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The day that World Red Cross Day is celebrated across the world on 8th May.
- The main reason for celebrating is to commemorate the principles of the Red Cross society and also the Red Crescent movement.
- One of the primary reasons for celebrating World Red Cross Day is the importance of volunteers who have given their lives to help people.
- The founder of Red Cross is Henry Dunant, and his birthday falls on 8th March.
- Noble Laureate Henry Dunant founded the philanthropic Organization, International Red Cross Committee, in the year 1863.
- One of the main things that the Red Cross organization does is that it helps the people affected by words such as wars, floods, fires, and earthquakes.
- The International Organization inspires many other organizations like Non-profit making Government Organizations that promote the welfare of people.
- The NGOs that are inspired by RedCross organize blood donation camps in their cities.
- Each year the World Red Cross Day is celebrated across the globe according to a theme.
- The theme promotes humanitarian activities, and the idea for last year’s World Red Cross Day was ‘#love.’
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Donor Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The World Red Cross Day celebrations allow paying tribute to the volunteers who help the millions of people during wars, conflicts, and natural disasters.
- On the World Red Cross Day, there are events like lectures, seminars, health check-ups, etc. Organized all across the world.
- More games like programs, interviews, and various talk shows on multiple communication platforms like radio and television are hosted on this day.
- Red Cross is present in around 180 countries across the globe, and it helps approximately 240 million people.
- Every year there are various kinds of posters, the logo with media posts, and essential messages in many different languages released by the International Organization.
- On World Red Cross Day, the government and NGOs come together to run welfare programs for the people living in rural areas.
- It’s a day when many youths feel inspired to help in emergencies like natural calamities like earthquakes, cyclones, floods, and malaria outbreaks.
- Another essential aim of the World Red Cross Day is to alleviate the deadly and epidemic diseases like Malaria, AIDS, and measles.
- Organizations hold campaigns to collect funds that will go towards the projects of saving the lives of millions of people during famines, war, and battles.
- The events that are organized by the Red Cross are attended by volunteers, youth, and the general public.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Donor Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The World Red Cross Day is celebrated every year on 8th March as a commemoration of its founder’s birthday.
- The International Organization was formed by Jean Henry Dunant.
- Jean Henry Dunant was the first recipient of the Noble Prize for Peace in the year 1901.
- The Organization has been helping people across the globe from the past hundred and fifty years.
- One of the organizations’ main aims is to help people facing natural disasters like wars, famines, cyclones, earthquakes, and epidemic diseases.
- The Red Cross Society was set up in the Indian Peninsular in the year 1920 under according to a Parliamentary Act passed by the British government.
- The theme for the last year’s World Red Cross Day was ‘#love,’ It was celebrated all across the world.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross organizes many events and programs to encourage more people to volunteer for such applications.
- One of the main aims of the World Red Cross Day is to alleviate people’s suffering, enhancing their dignity, and protecting their lives from all kinds of emergencies.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on World Donor Day
Who was the founder of the International Red Cross organization?
The founder of the International Organization Red Cross was Noble Laureate, Jean Henry Dunant.
What is one of the aims of the Red Cross organization?
One of the aims of the organizations is to save the lives of the people who have faced situations of war, famines, and other deadly epidemics.
How many countries is the Red Cross helping?
Across the globe, the Red Cross is present in 180 countries.
What was the theme of the World Red Cross Day last year?
The theme of the World Red Cross Day last year was ‘#love.’