10 Lines on World Ozone Day: The ozone layer exists in the stratosphere of the Earth. The layer which is made of three oxygen atoms protects our planet from harmful ultraviolet radiation. These radiations are for all the living organisms since they cause allergies and skin cancer. Humans have always taken nature for granted. Therefore, excessive use of air conditioners and automobiles, as well as deforestation, lead to ecological imbalances thereby causing depletion in the Ozone layer. World Ozone Day, which is observed on September 16, commemorates the importance of Ozone which is getting weaker with every passing year. We must promote measures to protect the environment.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Ozone Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Ozone saves Earth from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Without an Ozone layer, harmful rays of the sun would reach us and harm us.
- Good ozone is present in the stratosphere.
- World Ozone Day is celebrated on September 16th of every year.
- This day we spread awareness about ozone depletion.
- The weakening of Ozone can cause skin cancer.
- Holes in ozone can affect plants.
- Holes in the ozone layer are caused due to pollution.
- Planting trees protects the environment and the ozone layer.
- Teachers teach children at schools about ozone on this day.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Ozone Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes of 6, 7 and 8
- The World Ozone Layer is observed on September 16 every year to spread awareness about it.
- The United Nations General Assembly declared the day as World Ozone Day.
- Ozone is made up of 3 atoms of oxygen and is present in the stratosphere.
- It protects us from UltraViolet Rays of the Sun that can otherwise prove fatal for living organisms.
- These rays can cause serious injuries like cancer if ozone gets weak.
- However, several holes have been found by scientists in it, which is not a good sign.
- This is due to environmental degradation and the rise in temperature.
- Human activities that harm the environment should be monitored regularly.
- An increase in the use of vehicles even for short distances, air conditioners, and deforestation are few factors for ozone depletion.
- Planting trees and using eco-friendly goods can help save the ozone layer.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Ozone Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11 and 12 and Competitive Exams
- 24 UN member nations on September 16, 1987, signed the Montreal Protocol to restrict man-made chemicals that lead to ozone depletion.
- Since then, September 16 began to be celebrated as World Ozone Day.
- The 3-Ozone layer surrounds our planet and protects us from Sun’s Ultraviolet radiation.
- UV rays can be very damaging for our planet- for plants, humans, and animals all alike.
- An increase in human activities has weakened the ozone layer thereby depleting it.
- An increase in CFCs, the use of automobiles for short distances, and deforestation have affected the environment adversely.
- World Ozone Day marks the importance of ozone in our lives and therefore schools, NGOs and other organizations spread awareness about the same.
- The day is celebrated with different themes e ety year.
- “32 Years and Healing” was the theme in 2019.
- We must take steps to protect Earth.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on World Ozone Day
When is World Ozone Day Celebrated?
World Ozone Day is celebrated on September 16.
Why do we celebrate World Ozone Day?
World Ozone Day is celebrated to create awareness about the ozone layer for our planet. The layer is getting weaker with every passing year.
Why is Ozone so important?
The layer acts like a blanket and protects the Earth from harmful UV rays of the sun.
What was the theme of World Ozone Day 2019?
“32 Years and Healing” was the theme of World Ozone Day in 2019.