10 Lines on World Ocean Day: We don’t need to introduce the meaning of the word ocean, do we? The ocean is another world in itself with organisms and beings we don’t even know. But we do know that it produces half of the world’s oxygen and stores 50 times more carbon dioxide than our atmosphere. From Recreational activities to employment on the Ocean Economy, the ocean gives us a world of new opportunities. So, there is a day especially in its honor, the ‘world ocean day’. Let’s see what world ocean day really is and how we can contribute to it!
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Ocean Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- World ocean day was originally celebrated in Rio de Janeiro.
- World ocean day is now celebrated on 8th June every year.
- It was first celebrated in 1992.
- World ocean day is celebrated in the honor of the ocean.
- It celebrated the valued existence of the ocean.
- It connects all human beings in order to celebrate.
- People aim at creating a blue planet.
- A blue planet means the ocean is safe from the pollution and problems of the world.
- There are more than 30000 species underwater.
- The world ocean day is the day when people decide to protect the ocean at all costs with various intelligent ways of recognizing its importance.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Ocean Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The ocean is proof of the richness of life on the planet.
- The world ocean day is celebrated on 8th June every year.
- More than 60% of the population lives near the coastline.
- The best holidays are the ones near the oceans.
- The ocean day is celebrated as a mission to safeguard the ocean due to the different pollutions and global warming that are wasting it.
- The ocean helps human beings on earth either directly or indirectly in form of natural causes or human causes.
- The ocean helps maintain the climate changes by transferring the heat to different poles instead of letting it gather at one single place.
- The ocean helps humans in terms of employment as well in form of more than 3 million employments all over.
- The present generation has the duty to maintain the ocean for future generations.
- The world ocean day pays a tribute to the ocean in the form of a Blue Planet and aims to preserve it in every way.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Ocean Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The world ocean day refers to the chaotic but useful oceans of the world.
- We believe that the rain forest makes the most oxygen but the ocean produces 70 percent of the oxygen.
- The oxygen is made from marine plants like Phytoplankton, kelp, and algal plankton.
- 90% of trade is carried by ships throughout the world oceans.
- Ocean waters have a large capacity to absorb Carbon dioxide.
- The ocean absorbs half the heat before it reaches the land.
- Most importantly, they are responsible for the water cycles which enables the rain cycle as well.
- Thus, the world ocean day celebrates the success of the ocean and aims to save it from further harm.
- The ocean day is celebrated every year on 8th June.
- It was originally celebrated and commemorated in 1992 in Rio de Janeiro by the support of the Canadian government.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on World Ocean Day
when was world ocean day celebrated originally?
The world ocean day was first celebrated in 1992 in Rio de Janeiro with the support of the Canadian Government and UN-recognized it officially in 2008 when it started supporting the oceans as major sustainable development goals.
Which plant produces Oxygen and how much in the ocean?
Phytoplankton produces the most oxygen and all marine plants produce 70% of the oxygen.
What is the Blue Planet?
As there is lots of water on Earth, it is also called the blue planet.
How much do the oceans cover the earth and how is its density determined?
The oceans cover 71% of the earth’s surface and their average depth is 3729 meters and its density is determined by the amount of salt content and temperature.