10 Lines On World Habitat Day: The first Monday of the October month of every year is celebrated as World Habitat Day. This day is recognized by the UN to remind the people of the world that the shaping of future cities and towns are everyone’s responsibility. The theme of the first World Habitat Day in Kenya (1986) was ‘Shelter is my right.’
World Habitat Day is celebrated to encourage the active participation of people in action towards ending homelessness due to poverty. And this can be done by creating awareness and recognizing the basic human rights of people to adequate shelter.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On World Habitat Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The World Habitat Day is an annual celebration launched by United Nations General Assembly in 1985 and celebrated since 1986.
- The celebrations revolving around World Habitat Day is observed around the world on the first Monday of October.
- One of the primary needs of life is having a safe shelter and a healthy environment.
- There are several ways in which people can celebrate World Habitat Day individually, with family or friends.
- Children should learn the importance of having and providing adequate habitat from a very young age.
- Indulging children and students in making posters and slogans for World Habitat Day is encouraged.
- World Habitat Day might not be a public holiday, but it is an essential day of global observance.
- On World Habitat Day, several organizations and institutions conduct competitions like painting competitions or essay writing competitions for children.
- Several fundraising events are held on World Habitat Day for providing better shelters to the homeless.
- The activities done on World Habitat Day should interrelate with the motive of Habitat for Humanity, where people should speak, act, and build better habitat for everyone.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On World Habitat Day for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The United Nations General Assembly in 1985 designated the first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day.
- Each year the World Habitat Day is organized in a different location with a new theme declared by the UN.
- To promote sustainable development policies, the UN sets each theme of World Habitat Day to give solutions regarding the development of adequate shelter.
- One of the focal areas of UN-Habitat is improved urban planning and slum upgrading.
- A suitable habitat means growing up and living in a healthy environment.
- With better planning of cities and towns, there will be better waste management.
- It is haunting how some places don’t yet have water that is safe and clean for drinking and sanitation.
- Habitat should be such that it gives reliable and healthy living conditions to everyone.
- The most famous and prestigious human settlements award is the ‘Habitat Scroll of Honor.’
- On World Habitat Day, the Habitat Scroll of Honor award is presented to the winners ceremonially.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On World Habitat Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The World Habitat Day is a global observance day declared by the United Nations to be celebrated every year on the first Monday of October.
- The World Habitat Day is popularly celebrated in countries like Angola, China, India, Mexico, Poland, and the USA.
- On World Habitat Day, organizations from different parts of the world organize events.
- Among all the activities held on World Habitat Day, one action is to examine, investigate, and discuss the issues of rapid urbanization and its impact on the environment and poverty of humans.
- On World Habitat Day, in the organized debates and other competitions, people discuss problems regarding human habitat and try to form of solution.
- Each year the World Habitat Day is has a different theme given by the UN, and the objective is to give focus on the problems revolving around a theme and promote sustainable development.
- Organizational activities conducted by UN-Habitat and its partners in the central and local government, civil societies, private sectors, etc. are held on World Habitat Day.
- On World Habitat Day, every year, institutions organize several award ceremonies.
- The ‘Habitat Scroll of Honor’ is a prestigious award given on World Habitat Day.
- United Nations of Human Settlements Program (UNHSP) launched the ‘Habitat Scroll of Honor’ award in 1989.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines On World Habitat Day
What is the theme for World Habitat Day for the year 2020?
‘Housing for all: Better urban future’ is the theme for World Habitat Day 2020, which will be held in Indonesia, hosted by the city of Surabaya.
What is the objective behind the celebration of World Habitat Day?
Emphasizing the development, improvement, and resulting status of urbanization is the prime objective of World Habitat Day.
How will an individual contribution bring a change in the conditions of living?
The world will only become a better habitable place when people are kinder and compassionate towards each other. On World Habitat Day, we should engage in charitable activities to provide the unfortunate their fundamental rights.
What can we do to raise more awareness about World Habitat Day in our neighborhood?
Organizing social events like debate, quizzes, and other forms of competitions to raise awareness is ideal for World Habitat Day.