10 lines on World Food Day: World Food Day is a global action dedicated to tackling the clutches of global hunger. This Day is held an annual celebration held on October 16. People across the globe join hands together to eradicate worldwide hunger.
The main focus rests on reaching zero hunger across the globe and on eradicating chronic food deprivation. World Food Day is celebrated across the world and honors our commitment to defeating hunger.
The below-mentioned ten lines will help you formulate paragraph writings and essays about World Food Day.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Food Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- World Food Day is a global action dedicated annually on October 16.
- World Food Day came into effect at the 20th General Conference. The Food and Agriculture Organization conducted it in November in the year 1979.
- An estimate stated that nearly 98 percent of global hunger exists in underdeveloped countries.
- The main focus revolves around the fact that food is a fundamental human right.
- World Food Day ensures nutritious diets and food security across the globe.
- Various organizations like the International Fund for Agricultural Development and World Food Programme join hands to celebrate.
- World Food Day is commemorated in more than 150 countries across the globe.
- World Food Day is a global platform for raising awareness of issues about hunger and poverty.
- World Food Day uses themes that revolve around agriculture as agriculture happens to be the only investment.
- Through World Food Day, let us join hands together to solve the problem of eliminating hunger.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Food Day for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- World Food Day is a global awareness action celebrated annually on October 16.
- World Food Day is a platform to promote awareness of global hunger and worldwide movement.
- On World Food Day, steps are taken to publish ideas, take action, and create awareness for people to join the change.
- This Day is commemorated by various other organizations concerned with food security.
- It also highlights that despite hunger, another rooting problem is obesity and overweight.
- World Food Day came into effect in November 1979 and was put forth by the Food and Agriculture Organization’s member countries.
- The World Food Day 2019 theme focused on ‘Our Actions are our Future,’ a call for sustainable and healthy diets.
- World Food Day ensures that proper nutrition is provided in the early stages of life and leads to 46 percent more lifetime earnings.
- In India, the World Food Day has commemorated in honor the founding date of the FAO of the United Nations held in 1945.
- Word Food Day establishes a role that we, along with the government, remain responsible for improving the food system and our health.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Food Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- October 16 was dedicated to the World Food Day by the United Nations.
- World Food Day is a global action to strengthen international and national solidarity in the fight to end poverty, malnutrition, and hunger.
- World Food Day 2020 marks the 75th anniversary of the Food and Agriculture Organization.
- The world is moving to the center stage in the global struggle for food security, rising temperatures, water shortage, and crisis and eroding soil.
- Chronic undernourishment prevails among almost 5 million children under the age of five, and around 60 percent of women die of malnutrition-related causes every day.
- World Food Day creates a platform for 150 countries to celebrate the creation of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) that aims to eliminate world hunger.
- Activities such as hunger marches, marathons, cultural performances, exhibitions, concerts, and contests are organized to create awareness of Food hunger.
- World Food Day launches a call for global unanimity to ensure that food systems become more resilient to food shocks and sustainable.
- Since 1981, World Food Day is celebrated with them that highlights and focuses on the areas needed for action and provides a common focus.
- Many NGOs, activists, civil society organizations, and private businesses join together with multimedia content in several languages to create awareness of global food hunger.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on World Food Day
What is World Food Day, and when is it celebrated?
World Food Day is a global action dedicated to tackling the clutches of worldwide hunger and is celebrated annually on October 16 across the world.
When was World Food Day initiated and by whom?
World Food Day was dedicated in November 1979 as a global platform to eradicate global hunger. The Day was initiated by the Food and Agriculture Organization and its member countries.
What is the main focus of World Food Day?
The main focus of World Food Day is to ensure nutritious diets and food security across the globe and to promote awareness of global hunger and worldwide movement.
What are the activities undertaken to promote World Food Day?
On World Food Day, activities such as hunger marches, marathons, cultural performances, exhibitions, concerts, and contests are organized to create awareness of Food hunger.