10 Lines on World Earth Day: Earth is our mother planet. It offers a home to millions of species of plants, humans, and animals. Earth is the only planet that has an atmosphere in the entire solar system. Earth’s atmosphere sustains life and protects it from harmful UV rays and meteorites. It is our planet, and we should take all the necessary steps to maintain the continuity of life. We should participate in volunteering the activities that would make our Earth a sustainable planet for future generations.
World Earth Day is celebrated on the 22nd of April every year. It is to raise the awareness and importance of environmental issues such as pollution, greenhouse gas, climatic conditions, and global warming. World Earth Day inspires millions of people around the world to share ideas about environmental issues. Also, it is to take some concrete action to protect the environment. The aim is to make awareness of the environment, which is crucial for the survival of living beings on Earth. In this article, you can check out some sets of the 10 lines on World Earth Day.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Earth Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Earth is one of the eight planets of our solar system that revolves around the sun.
- Earth is the only known planet that supports life in the entire solar system.
- World Earth Day is celebrated on the 22nd of April every year. It is to increase public awareness of the Earth’s sustainable environment.
- World Earth Day highlights the importance of environmental protection for the survival of life.
- It is believed that the Earth is supposed to be 4.5 billion years old.
- Almost 70 percent of the surface of the Earth is covered with water. Hence, it is called a blue planet and a unique planet.
- Earth has an atmosphere containing 20 percent of the oxygen that helps in the survival of living beings.
- Gases such as oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen in the Earth’s atmosphere help plants to grow.
- Earth is spheroid in shape. It is significant compared to other planets such as Mercury, Mars, Neptune, Pluto, and Venus.
- Earth completes its orbit around the sun in 365 days. In such a way, it creates a leap year once in four years.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Earth Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Earth is the home for the millions of humans and species of plants and animals.
- Earth is a rocky surface. Thus, it is known as the crust, which is made up of iron, calcium, silicon, magnesium, aluminum, and sodium.
- World Earth Day highlight the importance of environmental protection for the survival of the lives.
- Earth offers a home for many species in the form of ocean and land.
- World Earth Day celebration is the perfect reminder for everyone to think about our own actions. There is a possibility of damaging Earth.
- World Earth Day 2019 theme is ‘Protect Our Species’
- World Earth Day 2019 aims at saving and protecting the wildfire on planet Earth.
- Nations around the world organize events such as discussions, lectures, and seminars to talk about celebrating World Earth Day.
- World Earth Day is being celebrated all over the world across 193 countries. It was initially started by the United States Senator Gaylord Nelson in 1970.
- However, World Earth Day is celebrated to increase the awareness of saving the nature and environment on Earth.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Earth Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The coldest place on Earth is Antarctica, and the hottest place on Earth is Libya.
- Earth offers air, water, food, and shelter to survive.
- World Earth Day is the day of political significance with conducting official meetings, cleaning roads and streets, and signing petitions.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to save our Earth from global warming and pollution.
- We should not waste natural resources such as water, minerals, and coal that are found on Earth.
- More than seven billion people are residing on planet Earth.
- Earth Day is observed on the 22nd of April to save the environment.
- Earth generates a powerful magnetic field due to its iron core and rotation.
- Earth’s word has been taken from the German language. The meaning of Earth is ‘ground’
- Only three percent of water is freshwater on Earth. Only 97 percent of water is saline on Earth.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on World Earth Day
What is the importance of World Earth Day?
Earth Day is celebrated on the 22nd of April. It aims to raise awareness among the masses about global warming. It inspires to act towards the protection of the environment.
What is the main aim for Earth Day 2020?
The aim of Earth Day 2020 is climate conditions. It mainly aims at ‘saving our species’
How can we save our mother Earth?
Some of the things you can do to help to protect our Earth are:
- Planting trees.
- Choosing sustainable foods
- Conserving water
- Reducing, reusing and recycling
- Switching to LEDs
- Avoiding Plastics
Who is the father of Earth Day?
Gaylord Nelson is popularly known as the father of Earth Day.