10 Lines on World Down Syndrome Day: Around the world, since 2012, World Down Syndrome Day has been initiated. With the variety of national charities globally, Down syndrome international is linked to generating activities and events for spreading and offering support for the patients who have Down Syndrome.
This is making the people understand the reason behind the disease, symptoms as well as treatment. For spreading public awareness about the disorder, ‘Down Syndrome.’ This initiation has been started so that people suffering from this syndrome can lead a better and normal life by doing in the community, playing different sports, working at offices, and many more.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Down Syndrome for Kids
- On the 21st of March, World Down Syndrome Day is celebrated.
- For spreading awareness, people distribute gifts and hand out notes.
- A ribbon coloured half in blue and half in yellow is the symbol of the day.
- Many people with down syndrome participate.
- On this day, people celebrate bright-coloured news socks.
- There are many events, just like debates with health experts and doctors. A presentation session is being organized that day.
- On the occasion of World Down Syndrome Day, family carnival and community walks are organized by corporate organizations.
- For celebrating World Down Syndrome Day, the nation’s organize lectures, discussions, seminars, etc.
- The syndrome’s main theme is “Leave no one behind,” as per 2019.
- Many people participate around the world on this day.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Down Syndrome Day for School Children
- For addressing the issues, the day is observed for the people who are suffering from Down Syndrome.
- Every year, on the 21st of March, this day is celebrated.
- In New York, every year, the syndrome conference is being held at UN Headquarters. They are playing.
- An important role in society. On that day, the message is sent to the people who are suffering from down syndrome.
- To ensure that people with Down Syndrome are not left out and are part of society, this is the main objective.
- For education, healthcare, and livelihood, it seeks to provide opportunities for those with Down Syndrome.
- For the caring and those affected by the syndrome, the events are held.
- As of 2020, the theme is “We Decide.”
- As of 2020, full rights are given to the people suffering from the syndrome to decide their own decision.
- For expressing solidarity towards those suffering from the syndrome, lots of people participate in #LotsofSocks.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Down Syndrome for Higher Class Students
- For raising public awareness about the human disorder, Down Syndrome, on the 21st of March every year, this day is being celebrated.
- For focusing on people with Down Syndrome’s wellbeing, this global awareness program is initiated.
- The celebration advocates for the rights of people with down syndrome by doing various awareness campaigns.
- For awareness program for Down Syndrome Every year, government, NGOs, and civil communities join altogether.
- About 250000 families are being affected by this Down Syndrome in the United States.
- Basically, this syndrome is referred to as a genetic order caused by the third copy of Chromosome – 21.
- People affected by this syndrome get physical growth delays, moderate mental disability, congenital heart disease, hearing loss, and eyesight loss.
- For highlighting the challenges faced by Down Syndrome, this day is celebrated every year.
- Crazy Sock Day is also regarded as World Down Syndrome Day, where people wear bright colours and craziest socks.
- In 2005, the World Down Syndrome Day was observed by AFRT (French Association for Research on Trisomy 21).
FAQ’s on World Down Syndrome Day
When is World Down Syndrome Day observed?
World Down Syndrome Day is observed on the 21st of March every year.
What is Down Syndrome?
When an individual has three, rather than two, copies of the 21st chromosome, Down syndrome occurs. In development, an additional genetic material alters, which causes the characteristics associated with down syndrome.
What causes Down syndrome?
We know that the human body is made up of cells. The human body cells feature a nucleus, which is the centre of the cell and acts like a brain. The nucleus is the part of the cell which contains all the genes. Genes carry the codes which are useful for the human body for their inherited characteristics. These are grouped along rode shaped structures known as chromosomes.
Basically, the nucleus in each cell contains 23 pairs of chromosomes. Half of the chromosomes are inherited from each part. Down syndrome occurs when few or all of a person’s cells have an exact copy of the chromosomes.