10 Lines on World Deaf Day: World deaf day or the international day of sign languages is celebrated every year on September 23. This date has a very symbolic meaning. It is the same date on which the World Federation of the Deaf was founded in the year 1951. This day is celebrated to bring everyone’s attention to the deaf community. Every year, people make sure that they fulfill the needs and demands of deaf people. They also support them in all the ways possible and help them in the fight for their rights. The purpose of this day is to increase awareness about the life of deaf people. Activities are done to bring everyone together as a community.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Deaf Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- The first celebration of this day was held in September 1951.
- Originally celebrated as a day but now it has become a week of celebrations.
- Raises awareness about types and causes of hearing loss.
- The achievements of deaf people are celebrated.
- Spreads awareness about deaf culture.
- Widely celebrated in schools to teach about the problems faced by disabled people.
- Camps are organized to teach people about healthy lifestyles and eating habits.
- Being deaf is not a disability.
- This is a day of celebration but it is not a holiday.
- It educates people about preventions related to the ear.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Deaf Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8
- It promotes the use of sign language as an important human right.
- The world federation of the deaf is recognized by the United Nations (UN).
- It has 130 associations and represents 70 million people across the globe.
- It educates people about the support services and resources available for the use of dead people.
- Being deaf is not a disability or considered as being a handicap.
- This week is special for deaf people.
- This day also promotes self-esteem, healthy life, and education for deaf people.
- It aims to increase awareness about sign language.
- It teaches us to see deaf day as a way to support deaf people and not as a way to sympathize with them.
- The reason for the celebration of this day is a man named ‘Granville Richard Seymour Redmond’ who became deaf in adolescence and studied in a special school.
Set 3 – 10 Lines Of World Deaf Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is useful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams
- This week educates people that deaf people are as capable as us.
- It tells us that there is a difference between having a hearing difficulty and being deaf.
- Various activities such as debates, campaigns, and exhibitions take place during the deaf week celebrations.
- There are a lot of people struggling with hearing in India and that number is increasing every day.
- There are now several institutions to support deaf people in their education and future training.
- The World Deaf Federation works closely to promote human rights as per the objectives of the UN Charter.
- This day is commemorated to show that a deaf person can also live a life similar to that of a normal person.
- The government organizes prize distribution ceremonies to award people who overcome their challenges and difficulties.
- The week aims to eliminate discrimination for being deaf.
- The theme for World Deaf Day 2020 is “Don’t let hearing loss limit you. Hearing for life”
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on World Deaf Day
Why should we take care of our ears?
Our ears are very sensitive organs and also our strongest senses. It helps us to hear and connects us to everything around us. If we do not take proper care, it can lead to a hearing disability.
What is ear discharge?
Ear discharge is wax, blood, or other fluids coming out of your ear which can cause sickness.
How to take care of the ears?
One should take the following steps to take care of the ears:
- Not let water enter our ears.
- Do not use headphones for long.
- Consult a doctor at the earliest in case of ear discharge.
How to keep the ears clean?
Ears are self-cleaning and should only be cleaned from outside. We should never insert anything in our ear which can lead to tearing of our eardrums.