10 Lines on World Book Day: We always have heard “books are our best friend” as the good books give rise to positive thoughts in mind, it also gives rise to great learning which also contributes to being a good human being. Books also play a significant role in inspiring us to follow our hearts and overcome our mind difficulties like anxiety and fears.
To honour the presence of books in our lives, we celebrate world book day every year on 23rd April. The motive to celebrate the day is to raise and spread awareness about the role book plays in our lives.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 lines World Book Day for kids
Set 1 is helpful for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th class students.
- World book day was observed and founded in 1955 by UNESCO.
- Many countries come together and celebrate the day on 23rd April, every year.
- The motive behind celebrating the day is to encourage people to read.
- It is the day to honour the writers who dared to write what they feel and changed the lives of many people as well through their writing.
- World books day also encourages many NGOs to come forward and give education to unprivileged children to promote reading throughout the world.
- Each year many authors, publishers, and keen readers come together to initiate several webinars, events, and conferences in which they speak up about their life-changing experiences of reading and writing.
- They also share some of their write-ups to encourage people and to make sure that reading becomes a habit for everyone in the world.
- The contribution of several writers, authors, and publishers all over the world adds a lot of value to celebrate world books day.
- World book day is widely celebrated in school in which children dress up as their favourite character from the books.
- Many children do not have the right to education, world books day celebration aware of people in the context of basic human rights as well which includes education.
Set 2 – 10 lines on World Book Day for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for 6th, 7th, and 8th class students.
- Today, we are celebrating world books day to appreciate the efforts of various renowned writers who put their creativity and their life through words.
- Reading and writing is a form of expression which comes under freedom of speech.
- It has also been observed that celebrating world books day, encourages the world to consider education as the utmost priority.
- More than 100 countries celebrate world books day.
- Every year there is a different theme adopted to spread the awareness of reading the books.
- On this special day of world books day, we as a reader also gets the opportunity to remember who left their imprints on this world through their courageous words of wisdom in their books.
- We celebrate the day by organizing many things like speech competitions, quizzes, and storytelling as well.
- The celebrations like this motivate children to participate and do their bit by giving their best.
- A lot of campaigns also take place on this day to bring awareness among people for reading.
- Some NGOs also collect money to buy and send books to people who are underprivileged and poor.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on World Book Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 helps the students study in classes 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, or preparing for competitive exams.
- Celebrating world books day is an honour for us to appreciate those who contributed their part of our lives through words to this world.
- Today more than 2 million people are keen readers.
- A study has been found that says- reading books makes you brave and encourages you to follow your heart during difficult times.
- Books also give us good moral values that include being helpful, Kind, and thankful for the things we have.
- It makes us believe in our aspirations of life and dreams.
- Some people say that reading a book should be a priority when one wants to create a balance in their lives.
- To change the outlook of life, there is only one way that is to read a book.
- We all should be thankful to our writers and author to give the kind of variety through their beautiful writings.
- The UN aims to give “right to education for all”, world books day commences the platform for it.
- United Nations also organize campaigns through media to create awareness among people for the importance of books in our lives.
Frequently Asked Questions on World Book Day
When is world books day celebrated?
It is celebrated on 23rd April, every year with a different theme.
Why is it celebrated?
It is celebrated to spread awareness among people about the importance of books in our lives.
World books day was founded by?
World books day was founded in the year 1995 by UNESCO.