10 Lines on Sardar Patel Stadium: Cricket can be said to be the most loved sport in India. It is being enjoyed by all ages in all parts of the country. Sardar Patel stadium is a cricket stadium which showcases the high cricketing spirit of India. The Sardar Patel Stadium is the largest cricket stadium in the world, located in the Navrangpura locality of Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The stadium was initially named as Gujarat Stadium. Still, it later was changed to Sardar Patel Stadium and named after the great freedom fighter and political leader of India, Sardar (Vallabhbhai) Patel Stadium as a tribute.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Sardar Patel Stadium for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1,2,3,4 and 5.
- Sardar Patel Stadium is located in the Navrangpura locality of Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The Sardar Patel Stadium is the largest cricket stadium in the world.
- The stadium is also famously known as the Motera Stadium.
- It has a seating capacity of one lakh ten thousand spectators at a time.
- The initial seating capacity of the stadium was of 49000.
- The stadium is to host all kinds of cricket matches; ODI, TEST, T20.
- By February 2020 the renovation of the stadium was completed.
- The cost incurred in the renovation is around 800 crores.
- On the 24th of February 2020, President Donald Trump and PM Narendra Modi inaugurated the stadium.
- The first match after renovation took place in March 2020.
Set 2 – 10 Lines About Sardar Patel Stadium for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6,7 and 8.
- The stadium is on the bank of River Sabarmati, spreading in an area of 63 acres.
- The principal architect for the new Stadium was Australian company Populous.
- There are 75 air-conditioned Corporate boxes in the stadium.
- The Motera Stadium has a hospitality area and food courts in every stand.
- It also has the most significant parking area, an astonishing capacity of 3000 cars and 10,000 two-wheelers.
- The stadium is connected to Ahmedabad metro, making it more convenient.
- The stadium has multiple facilities for other sports, football, kabaddi, lawn tennis, hockey, etc.
- The Sardar Patel Stadium uses solar energy to light it up.
- The stadium is owned by the Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA).
- Sardar Patel Stadium is a milestone in the world of cricket.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Sardar Patel Stadium for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9,10,11,12 and Competitive Exams.
- Sardar Patel Stadium has a clubhouse of 55 rooms, restaurant, indoor and outdoor games, gymnasium, Olympic size swimming pool, party area and a 3D projector theatre/TV room.
- It also has an inhouse cricket academy and indoor practice pitches.
- The Sardar Patel Stadium is owned by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation.
- It is also used for various programs by the State Government.
- The first international cricket match on this stadium was played between India and West Indies in the year 1983.
- The stadium was also the venue for the India Vs. Pakistan, T20I in 2012. It was also the last bilateral match for Pakistan on Indian soil.
- It is also the world’s second-largest stadium after the Rungrado May Day Stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea.
- To construct the stadium, the Gujarat government donated 100 acres of land in the year 1982.
- Some of the milestones at the Sardar Patel Stadium are as follows:
- Sunil Gavaskar completed his 10,000 in Test against Pakistan, in the year 1986-87.
- Kapil Dev became the highest wicket-taker in Tests by surpassing Sir Richard Hadlee’s 431 wickets record at that time.
- Sachin Tendulkar scored his first double-hundred, in October 1999 against New Zealand.
- The stadium has hosted many events, including President Donald Trump’s visit to India as well.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Sardar Patel Stadium
Is the Sardar Patel Stadium waterproof?
Yes, the Sardar Patel Stadium is the first waterproof Stadium in India.
Who is the owner of Sardar Patel Stadium?
Gujarat Cricket Association is the owner of Sardar Patel Stadium.
Which is the smallest Cricket Stadium in the world?
The Carisbrook Stadium is the smallest cricket ground in the world, and it is located near Dunedin in New Zealand.