10 Lines on Road Safety Week: India is a country of 130 crores people. So, road accidents occur in a massive number in India. That’s why the government of India and its states have taken various methods and started several campaigns to reduce no. of road accidents to the least. The main motto of the road safety week is to make India an utterly accident-free zone.
The campaign goes for a week every year. This year, the road safety week took place from 11th January to 17th January. The initiative of making the sub-continent safer was taken in 2015. But even after five years, the purpose of the campaign has remained unfulfilled.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Road Safety Week for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th class students.
- India is a country of a large population.
- So many road accidents occur in India daily for the vast population.
- The Indian government took the initiative of making India completely safe.
- They announced a campaign called “Road Safety Week” in 2015.
- In 2016, the number of road accidents was 1.50 lakhs.
- In 2017, the number reduced to 1.47 lakhs.
- But again, in 2018, the number increased by two thousand, making it to 1.49 lakhs.
- The Indian Ministry of Highways and Road Transport published all the reports.
- Road safety week several activities and spreads awareness.
- The dream of safe India is still unfulfilled though.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Road Safety Week for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for 6th, 7th, and 8th class students.
- Due to the massive population of India, people face various road accidents in India.
- The government of India thought of taking initiatives to make India an utterly accident-free zone.
- In 2015, the Indian government started a campaign named “Road Safety Week” to spread awareness on road safety.
- During the road safety week in India, the police forces and other departments talk about the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 and Amendment Bill of Motor Vehicles of 2019.
- The forces and other departments organize several workshops, seminars and meetings to educate people about precautionary measures via banners, pamphlets, etc.
- In this campaign, several emergency contact numbers will also be given to the masses.
- The no. of accidents reduced a bit in 2016 but increased again in 2018.
- All the records were published by The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, India.
- The road safety week is observed every year.
- People must join this campaign to make India safer.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Road Safety Week for Higher Class Students
Set 3 helps the students study in classes 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, or preparing for competitive exams.
- India is a country with a massive population of about 1.3 billion.
- Road accidents daily have been so common in India.
- Thus the government of India and its states took few initiatives to start a campaign named “Road Safety Week” to spread awareness on road safety.
- During this week police forces and other departments related to road safety spread awareness among the ordinary people via various banners, pamphlets, etc.
- They organize several meetings, seminars and workshops to reach out to the people.
- They help them know various things about road safety like the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 and Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill of 2019.
- The organizations talk about precautionary measures with ordinary people too.
- Every year people take part in this “Road Safety Week.”
- The number of road accidents has been almost the same since the starting of the campaign.
- But, the common people must be more aware to avoid road accidents.
Frequently Asked Questions on Road Safety Week
What happens during the road safety week?
During the road safety week, the police forces and other departments related to the road safety reach out to the common people and talk about important precautionary measures to avoid road accidents, Acts of road safety by organizing several workshops, seminars, etc.
What is the Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill of 2019?
The first Motor Vehicle Act was started in 1988. Later in 2019, an Amendment Bill was initiated. There were multiple recommendations of the Group of Transport Ministers of State. Based on those recommendations, the Amendment Act covered all the key points.
What are some general rules of road safety to be followed by everyone?
All the people of India criticize the road safety of India, but we all know that accidents happen only when the people are careless. There are certain rules for road safety that people must follow to make the campaign successful. Everyone must wear a helmet, must follow the traffic signals. People must not drive without a license or with an expired license. They must park the vehicles in the parking zones only.
who publishes the records of road accidents?
The Indian Ministry of Highways and Road Transport publishes all the records of accidents in India.