10 Lines on Prime Minister of India: The Prime Minister of India is the most powerful person in the country whose decisions and activities affects millions of people across the length and breadth of our nation. He or she is the leader for all the people in the country irrespective of caste, creed, religion, race or gender. He or she is supposed to rule the country without fear, favour or discrimination.
Some of the most popular Prime Ministers of India are:
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Indira Gandhi
- Rajiv Gandhi
- Manmohan Singh
- Narendra Damodar Das Modi
To name a few.
Every prime minister that India has ever had has left an imprint on the country in one way or another and has affected its progress in both a good and bad way.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
In this particular article on 10 lines on Prime Minister of India in English, we shall be providing important facts and notes for students to use for their tests, assignments, project works, examinations and school homework.
This article consists of 3 sets of 10 lines on the Prime Minister of India in English with varying degree of difficulty. All three sets can be used by students from college and universities as well as IAS and IPS aspirants to make quick notes and know important things about the prime minister of India.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Prime Minister of India for Kids
Set 1 is helpful to the students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and Kids
You can find below 10 lines on Prime Minister of India in English for school children and college students
- The Prime Minister of India is the topmost elected leader of the country through the electoral college.
- Narendra Damodar Das Modi is the current Prime Minister of India who was elected in the year 2014.
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of independent India and he is the backbone of the democratic institutions and constitutional reforms of today’s India.
- The Prime Minister rules the country with the help of his cabinet ministers who take care of independent ministries.
- While the Prime Minister of India is the most powerful person in the country, we also have the president of India who is above the Prime Minister and overlooks the governmental activities from far.
- India has had a total of 14 Prime Ministers till now, elected democratically since its independence. This justifies why people call India the largest democracy in the world.
- Prime Minister of India lives and works from the capital of India, New Delhi.
- People of India look up to the Prime Minister for assistance and support during emergencies and difficult times.
- Members of parliament technically elect the Prime Minister of the country.
- A person needs two-thirds of the majority of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha to be elected into the office of the Prime Minister of India.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Prime Minister of India for School Children
Set 2 is helpful to students of classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The Prime Minister of India appoints his Council of Ministers as he or she pleases.
- There will be many ministries under the government of India, such as Home Ministry, Defence Ministry, Revenue and Finance Ministry, Health Ministry, Agriculture Ministry, Sports Ministry, Rural Development Ministry, etc
- For every five years, a new government is elected after holding elections. The Prime Minister will be appointed after the election results are announced, during the oath-taking ceremony.
- The powers of a Prime Minister of India are many, including but not limited to appointing the Judges of Supreme Court, Chief Justice of India, Heads of Public Sector Units as well as, the Prime Minister will have a say in appointing heads of independent constitutional bodies such as Reserve Bank of India, Election Commission of India, Securities and Exchange Board of India, Union Public Service Commission, Finance Commission and many more.
- Narendra Modi is regarded as the most popular Prime Minister of India in recent times because of his massive victory in the year 2014, wiping off Indian National Congress from its 10-year power.
- Prime Minister of India can be termed as the chief advisor to the president of the country.
- The Prime Minister of India usually get a salary of up to 20 lacs per year but many prime ministers in the past have refused to take the salary or have donated the amount to various social causes.
- India has a Parliamentary form of Government and hence the Prime Minister is the most powerful person in the country and not the president. Whereas in the United States of America, the presidential form of Government prevails and their president is the ultimate power in the country.
- Prime Minister of India also holds many important portfolios such as external affairs, home ministry, or defence ministry.
- The Prime Minister’s office consists of experts from various sectors such as economy, science, arts and culture who will be there to guide the prime minister in all his decision-making and policy formulation.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Prime Minister of India for School Children
Set 3 is helpful to students of classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and for Competitive Exams.
- The prime minister of India is the head of the ministry of cabinet and is the one who chairs all the important discussions and agendas that the government handles
- India’s longest-serving Prime Minister who served the country for 16 years was also the first prime minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- One of the most controversial Prime Ministers of India, Mrs Indira Gandhi, had declared an emergency in the year1970 and that bought the country to the brink of anarchy and ruins.
- PV Narasimha Rao was the very first Prime Minister of the country was from the southern part of India.
- The list of prime ministers in a chronological order are Jawaharlal Nehru, Gulzar Lal Nanda, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Indira Gandhi, Morarji Desai, Charan Singh, Rajiv Gandhi, VP Singh, Chandrashekhar, PV Narasimha Rao, Atal Bihari Vajpayee, HD Deve Gowda, IK Gujral, Manmohan Singh and Narendra Damodar das Modi.
- 7 Race Course Road is the official residence of Indian prime ministers but Mr Narendra Damodar das Modi renamed 7 Race Course Road has 7 Lok Kalyan Marg.
- India is a secular and democratic republic and the head of the government who is the Prime Minister of the country is responsible for all the discrimination and divide in the country and it is his responsibility to make sure that the country stays united.
- While the President of India enjoys immunity in criminal and civil cases, the Prime Minister of the country like any other MP or MLA can be arrested for criminal cases. Although one thing to be noted here is that the Prime Minister of the country enjoys a certain amount of immunity in case of civil cases.
- The only person who worked twice as the acting Prime Minister of the country was Gulzarilal Nanda.
- Congress has ruled the country for several decades and it was PV Narsimha Rao who was the first person outside of the Gandhi Family who became the Prime Minister of the country.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines of Prime Minister of India
How many prime ministers have India had till now?
Since the independence of the country, India has had seen 14 Prime Ministers and 15 if you include the Gulzarilal Nanda as an acting Prime Minister twice.
Which prime minister is called the father of economic reforms of India?
PV Narsimha Rao is called the father of economic reforms of India
Which prime minister is known as the architect of modern India?
The first prime minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, is known as the architect of modern India.
How is the Prime Minister of India elected?
The prime minister of India is technically appointed by the president but a person is chosen as the Prime Minister of the country after he or she wins two-thirds of the majority in the Indian Parliament