10 Lines on Niti Aayog: The National Institution for Transforming India Aayog or commonly known as the NITI Aayog is a vital policy think tank of the Central and the State Government of India. The board carefully plans and structures new policies and then executes them.
The NITI Aayog is a replacement of the 65-year old Planning Commission that supervised the five-year economic development plan of the country. The Aayog was formed on January 1, 2015, and was officially announced by the Union Government of India.
We have provided ten lines on Niti Aayog in English, to aid you in paragraph writings and essays on this topic as well to assist you during competitive exams and G.K. quizzes.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Niti Aayog for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- NITI Aayog is a policy committee of the Indian Government.
- The organization was formed on January 1, 2015, in the capital city, New Delhi.
- The organization was a replacement and transformation of the 65- year old Planning Commission/ the ‘Yojana Aayog.’
- The term NITI stands for the ‘National Institution for Transforming India’.
- The organization has its won website that provides the citizens with all information related to the commission.
- The current (2020) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the organization body is Shri Amitabh Kant.
- NITI Aayog makes essential policies for the citizens of India.
- It also provides the Government with the strategies that need to be implemented.
- The organization also looks into both the domestic as well as the international issues that are of importance.
- The prime minister of India presides over the role of chairperson of NITI Aayog.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Niti Aayog for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The NITI Aayog serves as the ‘think tank’ for the Central as well as the State Governments.
- The organization serves as the country’s “directional and policy dynamo.”
- The NITI Ayaog fosters the ‘Co-operative federalism’ and provides the “national agenda” to the Centre and States.
- The organization comprises a governing council of all Lt. Governors of Union Territories and Chief Ministers.
- NITI Aayog comprises of chief ministers of all the states and the lieutenant governors of union territories as the members.
- The organizing committee launched its scheme known as the Lucky Grahak Yojana.
- NITI Aayog conducted its first committee meeting on February 8, 2015, along with the prime minister of India.
- The committee has no power to allocate funds to the States for developmental purpose.
- NITI Aayog directs the Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) activities in India.
- The person to be presiding as the vice-chairman of NITI Aayog is Dr Rajiv Kumar.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Niti Aayog for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- NITI Aayog provides technical and strategic advice on the critical policy matters that pertain and encompasses economic issues that are International and National importance.
- NITI Aayog devises and makes a plan for different fields including Health, Agriculture, Financial resources, Industry, Science and Technology, etc.
- The organization is headed by a CEO and is assisted by a Vice-Chairperson, both appointed by the Prime Minister.
- Additionally, the committee comprises four Union Ministers who are ex-officio members, a few full-time members and two part-time members.
- NITI Aayog has formed a collaboration with various NGOs to make India a better nation.
- The committee also includes specialists and experts from various fields known as special invitees who are nominated by the Prime Minister and specific regional councils.
- NITI Aayog looks forward to promoting healthy competition among the developing states.
- The board launched a programme known as the ‘NITI Lectures: Transforming India.’
- NITI Aayog invited experts from various parts of the world to discuss and implement policies through the programme.
- One of the aims of NITI Aayog is to develop mechanisms to formulate credible plans at the village level.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Niti Aayog
What is NITI Aayog?
NITI Aayog is a vital policy think tank of the Central and the State Government of India that carefully plans and structures new policies and then executes them.
What is the full form of NITI Aayog?
NITI Aayog stands for The National Institution for Transforming India Aayog.
Who presides over as the current CEO of the NITI Aayog
The current CEO of NITI Aayog is Shri Amitabh Kant.
What is the role of NITI Aayog?
The role of NITI Aayog is to plans and structures new policies and then executes them.