10 Lines on National Sports Day: Sports is a big part of our lives and it has become a way of life for a healthy and fit India. National sports day is celebrated on the 29th of August every year. National Sports day marks the commemoration of the Indian hockey player, Major Dhyan Chand Singh. The importance of sports in the social, cultural and economic sphere of India is highlighted in this article on 10 lines on National Sports Day.
In this particular article on 10 lines on national sports day, we shall be dividing the article into three different sets of 10 lines on national sports day and also address certain questions such as when is national sports day observed, what is the significance of national sports day, how is national sports day celebrated, who is Dhyan Chand Singh, what is the importance of sports in India and many more such questions.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on National Sports Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- National Sports day is celebrated on August 29th of every year.
- On the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand Singh, who was a legendary Indian hockey player, National Sports day of India is celebrated.
- Major Dhyan Chand Singh is also known as the hockey wizard of India.
- On the occasion of National Sports day, various sporting activities are conducted across schools and colleges.
- The President of India gives out awards on national sports day to players across the field.
- Different sporting awards that are given out on 29th of August are national sports awards like Arjuna Award, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award and Dronacharya Award.
- People of India are extremely sport-savvy and we are interested in many sports such as cricket, hockey, football, tennis and badminton.
- In many schools across India, national sports day is also celebrated as Annual School sports day.
- With proper policies and legislation in place, India has the potential to become the number one country in the world in sports and this has not only great social and health benefits but also economic benefits for the country.
- Major Dhyanchand Singh has also received the third highest civilian honour of the country, Padma Bhushan.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on National Sports Day for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The significance of national sports day is to spread the importance of sports and fitness in the country.
- National Sports day is observed on the birth anniversary of the legendary Indian hockey player, Dhyanchand Singh.
- Every year on the occasion of National Sports day, athletes will be nominated by a selection committee to honour them with Khel Ratna award.
- In the year 2019, wrestler Bajrang Punia and Deepak Malik were nominated for Khel Ratna Award on 29th August.
- Prime Minister of India Mr Narendra Damodar das Modi launched fit India campaign on national sports day.
- Fit India Movement is observed and celebrated across all the universities and governmental institutions in the country along with other sporting body such as the Indian Olympic Association.
- Major Dhyanchand Singh won 3 Olympic gold medals for India in hockey in the year 1928, 1932 and 1936.
- Various Sporting events are conducted on National Sports day such as football, cricket volleyball, athletics, basketball and tennis.
- Dhyan Chand award is the highest award that is given in the sports field in India which is equivalent to the lifetime achievement award.
- The significance of national sports day is that it creates awareness and inculcates the health benefits of sports across the country.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on National Sports Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- National Sports day is celebrated on 29th August every year on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand Singh.
- International sports day in Japan is observed on October 22nd.
- Major Dhyan Chand Singh is regarded as the greatest Indian hockey player.
- The Arjuna Award in the year 2019 was given to 19 members including cricketer Ravindra Jadeja and Poonam Yadav.
- Major Dhyanchand Singh apart from winning gold medals for India has also served in the Indian army and is known as the Jewel of the country.
- On national sports day, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi in the year 2018 launched the Khelo India scheme.
- National Sports day was first celebrated on August 29th in the year 2012.
- Every year, National Sports day is celebrated with one particular theme and in the year 2019, the theme of National Sports day was “Fit India Young India”.
- Hockey, being considered as the national sport of India, is usually overshadowed by cricket and its popularity in the country.
- Plenty of programs and schemes are launched by different governments in the country to give preference to other sports other than cricket in India.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on National Sports Day
When is national sports day celebrated in India?
National Sports day is celebrated on the 29th of August every year.
Why is sports important for India?
India is a country with more than 135 crore population and there are many hidden talents in the country that might never come out. Hence, sporting legislations are extremely important for India to put India on the international map in the sports field and also to increase the sporting activities in the country that will give an economic push and increase employment opportunities in India.
Who is Major Dhyanchand Singh?
Major Dhyanchand Singh is a legendary Indian hockey player who is also known as the wizard of Indian hockey, who has won 3 Olympic gold medals for India in hockey and also served Indian Army for a brief period of time.
How is national sports day celebrated in India?
National Sports day is celebrated across schools, colleges and universities by conducting various sporting activities and also the President of India gives out various awards to players who have achieved in their own respective games.