10 Lines on National Nutrition Week: National Nutrition Week is celebrated in India from September 1 to September 7 every year. It is observed to educate and aware people of the importance of healthy food which is vital for our bodies to be salubrious. Health and nutrition are serious issues in India. Nearly half of the population is undernourished.
Walk the local streets and you will find stunted boys under 10, with scooped eyes staring at you in the hope of getting food. Poverty is somewhere one of the main causes. Yet a country can’t be a progressive one on the social and economic front if nearly half of the population are malnourished.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on National Nutrition Week for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of class 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- September 1-7 is celebrated as National Nutrition Week.
- Schools spread awareness of healthy food.
- Healthy food keeps us healthy.
- We stop growing if we don’t eat healthy food.
- Not only children, women of the families too should take nutritious meals.
- There are many causes of malnutrition- poverty and lack of awareness are two of them.
- Dairy products should be included in our diet.
- The week has different themes every year.
- We will not grow tall if we don’t drink milk daily.
- Schools organize competitions based on food and nutrition this week.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on National Nutrition Week for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8
- National Nutrition Week is observed from September 1- September 7 every year.
- The week is observed to spread awareness about the importance of nutrition, healthy diet and healthy lifestyle.
- The Food and Nutrition Board had launched National Nutrition Week for the first time in 1982, and the week is given a specific theme.
- Nearly half of the population in our country is malnourished; the environment, disease and poverty are a few reasons.
- Nutrition is the science of consuming and utilizing nutritious food and therefore women.
- PM Narendra Modi had launched POSHAN to promote awareness among people.
- The week is celebrated in educational institutions as well.
- NGOs run campaigns on nutrition and health throughout the week in remote areas like villages and small towns.
- Poor nutrition is the cause of poor diet and irregular eating habits.
- We must consume milk, dairy products and green vegetables for nutritious food and maintaining health.
Set 3 – 10 Lines Of National Nutrition Week for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is useful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams
- As per a report, nearly 159 million children below the age group of 5 are undernourished.
- Exposure to unclean drinking water, poverty, and social divide are few reasons.
- National Nutrition Week is celebrated from September 1 to September 7.
- Observing the week once in a year is insufficient, educational institutions must lead campaigns throughout the year.
- NGOs and the government do their part by educating those residing in remote areas of the country.
- Educational institutions organize speeches, debates and elocution to educate children about nutritious food.
- Today, we find an exceptional number of children and women with stunted bodies and sunken eyes, undernourishment is the cause.
- Adopting healthy habits such as healthy eating habits and practicing yoga can prove helpful.
- Dairy products and green vegetables are a must when it comes to consuming healthy food.
- Let’s take a pledge to prevent undernourishment from our country for India’s overall development.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines Of National Nutrition Week
When is the National Nutrition Week celebrated?
National Nutrition Week is observed from September 1 to September 7 of every year.
When was it started and who started it?
It was started in 1982 by the Food and Nutrition Board.
What is National Nutrition Week About?
Around half of the population of our country is undernourished and malnourished due to the consumption of unclean water, poor eating habits and poverty are a few reasons. It was started to create awareness about the importance of nutritious food for humans.
How is National Nutrition Week Celebrated?
Schools and colleges hold debates, discussions and speeches to create awareness about the importance of eating nutritious food like green vegetables and dairy products to stay fighting. The government runs a campaign for the same at grass root levels.