10 Lines on National Eye Donation Fortnight: National eye donation fortnight is a campaign that is conducted for 15 days starting from 25th of August to 8thof September every year. It is conducted by the central government of India under the National Programme for Control of Blindness. The campaign aims to create awareness and motivate people to donate their eyes & sign contracts with the government for eye donation.
Blindness is a great problem that Indians are facing for many years and national eye donation fortnight aims to eliminate this problem to a certain extent.
In this particular article on 10 lines on national eye donation fortnight, we shall be dividing the articles into three sets of 10 lines on national eye donation fortnight and answer certain questions such as what is national eye donation fortnight, what is the significance of natural eye donation fortnight, when is national eye donation fortnight conducted, who conducts National eye donation fortnight and many more such questions.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on National Eye Donation Fortnight for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- National eye donation fortnight is conducted from 25th of August to 8th of September every year.
- In the year 2020, India is going to witness 35th National eye donation fortnight.
- National eye donation fortnight was started in the year 1985.
- The responsibility of conducting National Idea Nation fortnight every year lies on the shoulders of the Ministry of Health and the Central Government of India.
- We as a society should be more emphatic towards the differently-abled people and do anything in our capacity to help them and donating eyes is one of the ways to become an empathetic person.
- Eye donation fortnight has already had an impact on the country in terms of reducing blindness.
- Popular Bollywood stars and sports personalities are roped to spread awareness about national eye donation fortnight.
- Massive rallies, campaigns, awareness programs and various activities are conducted to increase the reach of national eye donation fortnight in India.
- Many NGOs have tied up with the central government of India to fulfil the objectives of National Eye Donation Fortnight
- The objective of national eye donation fortnight is to make people aware of the problem of blindness, benefits and uses of donating their eyes.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on National Eye Donation Fortnight for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The theme for National eye donation fortnight in the year 2019 was “light up a life- donate your eyes”
- Importance of sight need not be reiterated and it is because of the gravity of the importance of sight in our lives that eye donation fortnight was established.
- National eye donation fortnight is conducted across schools, colleges, universities, governmental and non-governmental institutions across the country.
- So far, India has conducted 35 National Eye Donation Fortnight since 1985.
- Word-of-mouth is one of the biggest and useful marketing techniques that the natural eye donation fortnight has conducted.
- Millions of good samaritans in the country have signed up to donate their eyes after death.
- According to statistics, more than 80% of the blindness cases in India can be cured if people donated their eyes.
- The National eye donation fortnight aims to reach 100000 corneal transplants by the year 2020.
- This 15-day campaign starting from 25th of August 28 September, witnesses millions of people signing up for eye donation.
- The ease with which eye donation can be done is the reason why national eye donation fortnight is such a successful campaign in India.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on National Eye Donation Fortnight for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- India witnesses more than 20000 new cases of blindness every year.
- The various reasons for blindness might be a deficiency of Vitamin A, injuries due to accident, infections and malnutrition.
- Eye donation camps are set up in every city, district and villages across the country to encourage people to donate their eyes after their death.
- Governments across the country have to come up with innovative policies to incentivize people to come up and donate their eyes.
- Given the rising problem of blindness in the country, it becomes our fundamental duty to donate eyes after our death.
- National eye donation fortnight campaign also educates people about the corruption and black market of the eye in the country and proper laws and policies should be formed to eliminate this.
- Eye donation does not depend on people’s sex, blood type, caste, creed or religion.
- The first successful cornea transplant was conducted in the year 1905 and ever since that, eye donation has been a successful phenomenon occurs the world.
- The first eye bank was founded in the year 1944.
- The national eye bank is present in India at Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences for more than 50 years now.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on National Eye Donation Fortnight
When is national eye donation fortnight conducted?
National eye donation fortnight is conducted every year from 25th of August to 8th of September
What is the importance of national eye donation fortnight?
National donation fortnight campaign create awareness among the general public about the importance of donation of eyes to cure blindness in the country.
How many people are blind the world?
According to a rough estimate, the number of people who are visually impaired are 285 million
Which is the biggest eye bank in the world?
LEITR is the largest bank in the world with approximately 7,000 human eyes received per year.