10 Lines on Mary Kom: Mary Kom is Indian Boxer hailing from the beautiful Northeastern state of Manipur. Mary is one of the most successful boxers in the history of women boxing. She has been a great athlete in her early days, and later in high school days, when she moved to Imphal, the capital city of Manipur, she found her interest in boxing. Mary is a five-time world champion and the only woman to win a medal in all six world championships. Mary’s early inspiration in boxing was Dingko Singh, an Asain Champion and Padma Shri from Manipur. And now, Mary Kom is one of the most inspiring names all over the world. In spite of coming from an untalked and unnoticed rural region of India, she made India and all Indians proud of the world many times.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Mary Kom for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Mary Kom is an Indian female boxer from the Northeastern state of Manipur.
- Mary is a five-time world champion.
- She is the only boxer to have won a medal in all six world championships.
- Mary was an athlete from an early age and has played many sports in her school days.
- Her full name is Chungneijang Mary Kom Hmangte.
- Mary was born in the year 1983, on the 1st day of March.
- Mary is the first child of her parents, and she has two siblings.
- Mary is an Olympic bronze medalist.
- Mary was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, in the year 2020, the second-highest civilian award of India.
- Mary is a graduate of Churachandpur College, Manipur.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Mary Kom for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The International Amature Boxing Association has given Mary Kom the nickname ” Magnificent Mary.”
- Mary Kom has a biopic of her, made in Bollywood by the famous Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra.
- Mary is happily married to K Onler Kom.
- K Onler Kom, Mary’s husband, is a footballer.
- Mary, with K Onler Kom, has three children.
- Mary Kom is an inspirational story to many, as Mary fought her way through poverty, poor infrastructure, racism, favoritism while maintaining a family life with three children.
- Mary belongs to the Kom tribe of northeast India.
- Mary was an athlete and was into other sports as well, but later she shifted to boxing after coming to Imphal.
- Mary Kom became the first amateur athlete to win Padma Bhushan.
- Mary has also been socially active and has raised voice towards animal rights, and she is a supporter of PETA India.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Mary Kom for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Mary Kom has fought in three weight categories, 46kg, 48kg, and 51kg.
- In the Olympics, Mary was defeated in the semi-finals by Nicola Adams and had to settle for bronze.
- In 2012, Mary became the brand ambassador of the Super Fight League.
- Harper Collins published the autobiography of Mary Kom “Unbreakable” in 2013.
- Mary Kom takes classes of self-defense for women in Imphal.
- Mary won her first international gold in 2002, AIBA Women’s World Championship at Atlanta, Turkey.
- Mary Kom won the “People of the Year” Limca Books Record in the year 2007.
- Later in the year 2010, she won the Sportswomen of the year at the Sahara Sports Award.
- Mary did her doctorate degree(D.Litt) from North-Eastern Hill University in 2016 and the year 2019 (DPhil) from Kaziranga University.
- Mary Kom is a story of inspiration and hope for many girls/women around the world. Her achievements are more relevant and exceptional because of the struggle she had gone through. Mary Kom is a story of hard work and perseverance, and will surely inspire many generations to come.
FAQ’s On 10 Lines on Mary Kom
Where is Mary Kom from?
Mary Kom is from Kangathei, Churachanpur, Manipur.
How is Mary Kom different from any other boxer?
Mary Kom has won many competitions in all forms of events. She is a six-time world champion and the only boxer to do so. She is a mother of three and has shown exceptional will power and perseverance to be the world champion the world knows today.
What is the net worth of Mary Kom?
Mary Kom’s net worth is about Rs. 3.32 crore.