10 Lines on Lion: The lion is a creature that belongs to the animal kingdom. Forests or jungles are the natural habitats of lions. The animal is called the ‘King of the Jungle’ because of its strength and power. The lion is a carnivore that means that it eats the flesh of other animals.
The most common countries where lions are found are Africa and Asia. People various times use the lion to represent strength, power, pride, courage, and fearlessness. In the ancient world, kings used to hunt lions and keep their skin. The reason for keeping the skin was to show their competitors and enemies that they have courage.
Lion belongs to the cat family. The female lion is called Lioness, and a baby lion is called a cub. Lions are often brought from their natural habitats and kept in zoos.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Lion for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The lion is the strongest animal that belongs to the animal kingdom.
- Lions are considered as the king of the jungle because they are durable and have a high hunting capacity.
- The hungry animal has four legs and a tail with healthy paws.
- Mane is the name of the hair that is on the lion’s neck.
- Lions are carnivorous animals, which is when animals hunt and eat the flesh of other animals.
- The roar of the carnivore can be heard up to a distance of eight kilometers.
- Hunting is an activity that lions usually do during the night, and during the day, the lions sleep.
- The average lifespan of a lion varies with the habitat they are. In a jungle, they live up to 14 years, and in a zoo, a lion lives up to 20 years.
- The male of the species is referred to as Lions, the female species is referred to as Lioness, and the baby lion is referred to as a cub.
- A lioness gives birth two to three cubs on an average. However, only one of the cubs stays alive.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Lion for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Lions live in a group of around forty lions; the group of lions is commonly referred to as a ‘Pride.’
- In the group, there are one or two lions; all the other members are Lioness and cubs.
- Lions are protective animals, and they fight all the predators who try to attack their groups and food.
- Lions protect the area in which they live, and they protect the cubs that live there and themselves.
- The lions in the group stay behind and protect the group, whereas the Lioness in the group goes hunting for food.
- The largest subspecies of the lions in the world are the ”South African Lion”.
- There are around ten sub-species of lions all around the world.
- The number of lions living in the world is approximately 20000-30000, and from that, around 650 lions are living in India.
- Lions are among that animal that is hunted continuously, and it has reduced the number of lions in the world considerably.
- Another place, besides the forest where you will find animals, is the zoos, they are kept in zoos for entertainment purposes.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Lion for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Lions are the strongest animal in the jungle, and they are commonly referred to as the ‘ King of the Jungle.’
- The male species, lions, are the ones that usually have the mane, and the female species, the Lioness, do not have manes.
- Lions are among the animals which do not co-exist with the human species.
- In a few places where the Lions don’t get adequate means of food, they hunt and eat the cattle of the human population, and it’s something that happens in South Africa.
- If a lion gets injured, it doesn’t hurt other animals, and it becomes a man-eater.
- The most common place where lions reside is in the caves or thick shrubs in the grasslands.
- Lions are one of the animals that are going to go extinct if they are not adequately protected.
- They are in a condition where they need to be protected, and they are on the Red List of the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- The daily sleep hours of lions vary from eighteen to twenty hours.
- The darker the mane of a lion, the older the lion.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Lion
Are lions carnivores or omnivores?
Lions are carnivores which means they eat the flesh of other animals.
How many lions are living in various habitat in the world?
The current population of the lions is 20000 to 30000.
On average, how many hours does a lion sleep for?
On average, a lion sleeps for around eighteen hours a day.
Name an animal on the Red List?
The lion is an animal that is on the Redlist.