10 Lines On Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti: Son of Sharda Prasad Srivastava and Ramdurali Devi Lal Bahadur Shrivastava was born in Mughalsarai of Uttar Pradesh.
Shastri studied in the east-central railway inter-college after being a pass out from Harish Chandra High School. Soon he left his studies to join the Non-Cooperation movement led by Mahatma Gandhi at that time.
Lal Bahadur Shastri later went on to become the Prime Minister of India in the year 1964 after Jawaharlal Nehru’s assassination. Before becoming the PM of the country, he held several official posts like the Home Minister, Railway Minister and Chief Minister.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The word ‘Jayanti’ means jubilee, or the birthday of a particular person.
- Hence Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti is celebrated every year on his birthday on 2nd October.
- Shastri was a well-known freedom fighter of the time.
- He participated in several movements of the freedom struggle.
- He was a devoted follower of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Mangalore Port was also built under his supervision.
- We celebrate his birthday to commemorate the greatness of the nobleman.
- Shastri was the second Prime Minister of independent India.
- Shastri was also awarded the prestigious Bharat Ratna for his contributions.
- He passed away in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, in the year 1966.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri was the second Prime Minister of India after Jawaharlal Nehru.
- He propagated the white revolution in India to increase the production and supply of milk in the country.
- Shastri also promoted the Green Revolution to strengthen India as a food crop producing nation.
- Lal Bahdur Shastri was born on 2nd October 1904 in the small town of Mughalsarai in Uttar Pradesh.
- Shastri was deeply influenced by the works of Indian leaders like Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda, and Annie Besant.
- He was one of the essential cabinet members under Nehru.
- He took an active part in movements like the Non-Cooperation led by Gandhi.
- It is ironic how he shares his birth date with Gandhi.
- Thus Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti is celebrated every year along with Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October.
- He was the speaker of the famous slogan ‘Jai Jawan, Jai Kisaan’ which calls for being brave to the youth and the farmers.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri, in his early years lived in Ramnagar, Varanasi with his parents. His father was a teacher by profession.
- Born to humble parents, Shastri lost his father at a very young age due to the bubonic plague.
- Later, he shifted to Muzaffarpur to continue with his further studies. It was also his maternal village from where he completed his higher education.
- Completing his studies with much difficulty and with the help of his teachers, Shastri went on to join the country’s freedom struggle.
- In doing so, he started studying the noted works of Gandhi, Vivekananda, and Annie Besant.
- He was convicted during the British rule. It was due to anti-government movements; however, he was released from jail due to being a minor.
- Shastri was elected to be the general secretary of the All India Congress Committee in the year 1951. This post started a new chapter in his life.
- After Nehru’s assassination, Lal Bahadur Shastri was selected as the next Prime Minister of India in 1964.
- The masses loved him due to his struggle, honesty, and bravery. He made a massive difference to the lives of the masses in India.
- To commemorate this great hero, we celebrate Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti on 2nd October, every year. Since the death of Lal Bahadur Shastri, this day of Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti came to celebrate.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines On Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti
How many years of Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti will be celebrated in 2020?
In 2020 India will be celebrating 116 years of Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti.
What is Lal Bahadur Shastri’s wife’s name?
Shastri was married to Lalita Shastri in the year 1928. The couple had six children together.
How did Lal Bahadur Shastri die?
Shastri died due to cardiac arrest in Uzbekistan in 1966 when he was 61 years old.
Who succeeded Lal Bahadur Shastri after his death?
Lal Bahadur Shastri was succeeded by Gulzari Lal Nanda, who went to become the acting Prime Minister of India at the time. Later, Indira Gandhi was elected as the 3rd Prime Minister.