10 Lines on Jnanpith Award: The word ‘Jnan’ originates from the Sanskrit language, which alludes to information. Indian writing is viewed as the most established writing on the planet. It gives us proof of early human presence and their method of endurance. Indian literature is additionally acknowledged and recognized by the entire world. The Jnanpith is an extreme artistic Indian honor gave yearly to accept, finish, and advance the Indian Literary art and culture. Since its establishment, Jnanpith has granted numerous creators their exceptional contribution to the field of Indian literature.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On Jnanpith Award for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- In the year 1961, the Jnanpith Award was first started.
- By BharatiyaJnanpith, the Jnanpith Awards are regulated.
- Only for the Indian authors, this award is presented.
- Along with the award, the awardees are awarded a cash allowance of Rs. 11,00,000.
- This award is presented in 23 different languages, including English and the 8th schedule of the Indian constitution, the other 22 languages.
- The first person to win this award is G. SankaraKurup for his contribution in the field of Malayalam literature.
- For the contribution in the English language, Amitav Ghosh won this award.
- For the memory of Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain, the Jnanpith Award is conducted.
- This award is not presented post-obituary.
- The Hindi and Kannada language authors win the maximum number of awards.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On Jnanpith Award for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The Literary Award, Jnanpith, was started in the year 1961.
- BharatiyaJnanpith directs the Jnanpith Awards.
- Only Indian authors can have the benefit of being granted the Jnanpith Award.
- The Awardees are deliberated with a sublime Plaque and some money amount of Rs. 11,00,000.
- The Jnanpith Award is introduced in 23 distinct dialects, including English and 22 dialects from the Indian Constitution’s eighth schedule.
- SankaraKurup, notable for his commitment to Malayalam writing, was the principal individual to accomplish Jnanpith Award (1965).
- Amitav Ghosh, in 2018, brought the first Jnanpith Award in the record of the English language.
- The Jnanpith Award was organized in memory of extraordinary industrialist Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain.
- The Jnanpith Award has no facility for being presented after death.
- The Hindi and Kannada dialects have accomplished the most extreme quantities of the Jnanpith Award till the date.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On Jnanpith Award for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Jnanpith is the most high ranking Indian honor in the field of writing.
- The Jnanpith was started with a money recompense of Rs. 1,00,000 for its beneficiaries.
- The money stipend of 11 lakh was reexamined in the year 2015.
- The selection body of the Jnanpith Award incorporates seven to eleven individuals.
- The Selection Board declares the name of the beneficiary of the Jnanpith Award.
- The tenure of the individuals from the Selection Board is three years, which can be additionally expanded.
- A total number of 59 individuals have been granted the Jnanpith grant till the year 2019.
- The bronze made plaque of the Hindu goddess “Saraswati” is a replica of the sculpture of “Goddess Saraswati” from the well-known temple of Malwa.
- The date of the organization of the Jnanpith Award was the 50th birthday celebration of Sahu Prasad Jain.
- Every Indian author who writes in any of the 22 dialects referenced in the eighth schedule of the Indian Constitution and English is qualified to be designated for Jnanpith Award.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Jnanpith Award
In the year 2019, who won the Jnanpith Award?
Amitabh Ghosh, the leading contemporary author and English writer was awarded the 54th Jnanpith Award for his massive contribution to English literature at the Indian habitat center at a ceremony.
Which language authors won the highest Jnanpith Award?
Hindi is the leading Jnanpith Award winner with 11 awards and Kannada language with the second leading award winner. But if we look state wise, with 8 Jnanapeeta award, Karnataka is the only state.
Who was the first person to win the Jnanpith award in India?
In India, the first Jnanpith award was awarded to G. SankaraKurup in 1965 for his contribution to the Malyali literature. The first lady to win the Jnanpith Award is the Bengali writer Ashapoorna Devi who was awarded in 1976.
Who was the first one to win the Jnanpith award for the language English?
- Ghosh was the first English author to win this prestigious Jnanpith award in the year 1961. He earned a cash prize of Rs. 11 lakh with a citation replica as well as a Goddess Saraswati bronze replica.
- Ghosh earlier won the Sahitya Akademi Award for the ‘Shadow Lines,’ ‘The Glass Palace,’ ‘The Hungry Tide,’ and the Ibis Trilogy.’