10 Lines on Internet Explorer: The name Internet Explorer justifies itself because an individual needs a browser for accessing and exploring the web. The Internet holds data on uncountable topics, and it is our web browsers like the Internet Explorer that help us collect the information for free. I like to think of the Internet as the sky and the information available there as the stars and with tools like the Internet Explorer one can look into this information closely (similar to a telescope). Again if we compare this same Internet as the sea or the ocean, then our web browsers like Internet Explorer will be the ship in our voyage of net surfing. This web browser comes pre-installed in the devices with Windows operating system and is free of costs.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On Internet Explorer for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- A computer program application that is used by us for finding and looking at the websites.
- Internet Explorer is popularly called ‘IE’ as a short form.
- In the Internet Explorer project at Microsoft, around a thousand people were involved.
- Software developed by Microsoft in 1995 for internet surfing.
- This software is already installed in windows operating system.
- Around 2003 the Internet Browser recorded most usage share that was about 95%.
- The usage of IE had considerably declined after other free web browsers came in the market.
- After some time an IE software version was developed to support Xbox users.
- After the 11th version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft introduced a new browser called Edge.
- The security vulnerability of this web browser had been one of the reasons for the downfall of Internet Explorer.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On Internet Explorer for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The Internet Explorer project of Microsoft had started by Thomas Reardon and around six people in 1994.
- By the late ’90s, the Microsoft project of Internet Explorer involved more than a thousand people.
- The first version of Internet Explorer was installed as an add-on package in 1995 for Windows 95.
- From 2000 to 2003 was a golden period for Internet Explorer as it covered around 95% of market share for web browsers.
- The Internet Explorer defeated Netscape which was once the leading web browser of the ’90s.
- The internet security issues were proven when a malware fake IE was created, which dragged the name of Internet Explorer to dirt.
- The flaws in the security structure of the IE caused spyware, adware, and computer viruses to enter the user’s device.
- The German government officially asked their citizens to switch to a different web browser from IE because of its security issues.
- In 2015 the Internet Explorer was replaced by a new web browser introduced by Microsoft called Microsoft Edge.
- The extensions and add-ons such as the search engine toolbar in the Internet Explorer were created by third party companies.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On Internet Explorer for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE) is commonly known as the Internet Explorer (IE).
- The first version of IE was installed as a part of the Microsoft Jumpstart Kit in 1995 for the operating system version called Windows 95 and the plus.
- The Internet Explorer was scrutinized because of using the source code of Spyglass Mosaic without providing any royalty for the earlier versions of IE.
- After the 80% hike in the adoption rate of Internet Explorer in 2000, the IE won in the ‘first browser war’.
- Before Edge came, the last version of Internet Explorer ranked eighth as per StatCounter’s report.
- On 31st January 2020, the extended support for Internet Explorer 10 came to a complete end.
- Since 2016 the Internet Explorer 11 has been the official support web browser for the users.
- With the incoming of new competition in the market like Firefox and Google Chrome, more users switched to a different web browser than Internet Browser.
- 1st June 2020 marked the termination of Internet Explorer as the Internet Archive removed even the last version of IE.
- Now Microsoft will work forward in updating Microsoft Edge to provide the best web browsing experience.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Internet Explorer
How many versions of Internet Explorer have Windows released till date?
Total of eleven versions of Internet Explorer were released in its span of 1995-2020.
What are the types of web development languages that are not supported by Internet Explorer?
The Internet Explorer supports HTML, CSS, XML, DOM, and XSLT.
What is Favicon?
The abbreviation of ‘Favourites icon’ is Favicon which was introduced by Internet Explorer to allow webpages to specify a 16-by-16 pixel image for using in bookmarks.
Discuss the popularity of other web browsers in comparison to the Internet Explorer
As per the global web-traffic reports of 2020, IE and Edge combined stand third in the list with Google Chrome in the first place, and Firefox in the second most used web browsers.