10 Lines on International Nurses Day: Celebrated on 12th May every year, International Nurses Day memorializes the contribution of nurses across the globe. The day commemorates efforts made by nurses to provide quality healthcare to patients suffering from any injury or disease. People celebrate International Nurses Day to appreciate the achievement of nurses in the healthcare industry for their persistent contribution of serving patients day and night. By organizing conferences, presentations, and speeches, people celebrate this day to increase worldwide awareness about the nurses’ role.
In this particular article on 10 Lines on International Nurses Day, we have divided the article into three sets. Each of the sets has varying content plus difficulty levels.
All three sets of 10 Lines on International Nurses Day can be used by students studying in schools or colleges for numerous purposes such as homework, tests, and examinations. Hopefully, students will get the required information and learning through these sets of 10 lines.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1- 10 Lines on International Nurses Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th class students.
- In the year 1953, Dorothy Sutherland first suggests the idea of celebrating Nurses Day. Since that year, the International Council of Nurses (ICN) remarks International Nurses Day on 12th May.
- Every year, people celebrate International Nurses Day in honour of the remarkable contributions of nurses in saving millions of lives across the world.
- The celebration of this day aims to highlight the importance of nurses towards the patients’ treatment in the healthcare industry.
- International Nurses Day celebration outlines the importance of nurses in the safety, welfare, and recovery of patients in healthcare units.
- Every year, International Nurses Day is celebrated with a different theme across the globe to promote the nurses’ hard work and contributions to society.
- In 2019, the theme for this day was ‘A voice to lead- Health for all’. The day thanks to all nurses for their dedication and hard work, and recommendable role in providing safety and helping in patients’ recovery.
- One of the main objectives of celebrating International Nurses Day is to highlight the concern of a growing shortage of skilled nurses globally.
- Many famous hospitals and health organizations design quality courses equipped with the latest technologies to offer employment to a greater number of women.
- On this day, the government organizes global programs like panel discussions, conferences, awareness concerts, and seminars.
- To honour the nurses, they receive flowers, gifts, and organized dinner with their friends and family on International Nurses Day.
Set 2- 10 Lines on International Nurses Day for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for 6th, 7th, and 8th class students.
- On the birthday of Florence Nightingale, a famous nurse, International Nurses Day is renowned across the world.
- People celebrate International Nurses Day to mark the exceptional achievements of nurses in the healthcare sector, like clinics and hospitals.
- ICN or International Council of Nurses is a global cooperative organization having more than 100 nurses associations with around 20 million nurses representation.
- The 2019 theme for International Nurses Day implies universal coverage of nursing and health facilities such that not even a single person was left behind from quality care.
- The government runs numerous campaigns to highlight the role of nurses in worldwide exposure to healthcare benefits on International Nurses Day.
- Nurses associations and local health administrators celebrate this day by organizing events like workshops, community programs, and more.
- For the praiseworthy work and courage of nurses, the ministry of family and Welfare of the Government of India launched the National Florence Nightingale Award.
- Florence Nightingale was a British nurse, the founding philosopher of modern nursing, and a social reformer. She was the first woman to get an award named Order of Merit in 1907.
- For nurses, many National Government Organizations organize vocational skill training programs across the world. The day provides resources and crucial information so that the nursing profession will enhance and attract a new generation into the nursing family.
- International Nurses Day stresses the role of nurses in society for offering critical support to worldwide patients and enhancing their treatment results. The day commemorates nurses for working tirelessly to protect the needs of every individual.
Set 3- 10 Lines on International Nurses Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for the students studying in classes 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, or preparing for competitive exams.
- An officer in the US Department of Health, Education, and Wealth, Dorothy Sutherland first give a proposal to celebrate Nurses Day.
- D.D. Eisenhower, US president, gave recognition to celebrate Nurses day. In the year 1953, this day was celebrated for the first time.
- In 1965, for the foremost time, the International Nurses Council celebrated Nurses Day.
- Later in the year 1974, it was decided to celebrate the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale, the famous nurse as International Nurses Day on 12th May.
- To take care of the patient, nurses must be well-educated, trained, and highly experienced through all aspects such as social, physical, and mental.
- When professional physicians are busy looking at other patients, it’s the responsibility of nurses to take care of patients around the clock.
- Nurses must have friendly and supportive qualities, along with being affectionate in enhancing patients’ morale and monitoring their illness.
- International Nurses Day pays tribute to numerous who work day and night to offer quality care to patients around the world suffering from injuries or any diseases.
- Civil communities, NGOs, and government organizations should collaborate to organize events and activities for the nurses’ welfare across the world.
- The celebration of International Nurses Day offers the unique opportunity to focus on multiple ways that can help in enhancing the healthcare service provided by nurses.
- The theme for 2020 Nurse Day, which was a ‘Voice to Lead: Nursing the World to Health’ highlights how nurses across the world are playing a vital role in addressing various health challenges.
Frequently Asked Questions on 10 Lines on International Nurses Day
What is the main significance behind the theme for International Nurses Day 2020?
In 2020, the theme for International Nurses Day was ‘Nurses: A Voice to Lead’. The theme resembles a visualization for future healthcare. It focuses on how nurses across the world are playing a vital role in addressing various challenges in healthcare. It provides the necessary information so that the nursing profession will grow throughout the year.
Why celebrate International Nurses Day?
Florence Nightingale laid the foundations of modern nursing in the late 1850s. She was the one who got the idea to found nursing as a profession. Since then, people celebrate her birth anniversary, 12th May as International Nurses Day. The day honours the contributions made by nurses to society.
When was the International Nurses Day celebrated for the first time?
In 1953, International Nurses Day was celebrated for the first time. After that, the International Nurses Council celebrated this day for the first time in the year 1965. In 1974, it was decided to rejoice the birth anniversary of a famous nurse, Florence Nightingale as International Nurses Day.
How people in India celebrate International Nurses Day?
Every year, the government of India organizes global programs such as seminars, panel discussions, conferences, and awareness concerts. Nurses working in various healthcare units like hospitals and clinics receive flowers, cards, greetings, and gifts on the occasion of International Nurses Day. Thus everyone has a different perspective of celebrating this special day for nurses.