10 Lines on International Meatless Day: If you ever tell a hardcore non-vegetarian about something like a “meatless day” they would be baffled. Maybe they would be less so if the reasoning behind such a day was provided to them.
25th November is celebrated worldwide as International Meatless Day, and its origin comes from a man who did a lot for the education system in India. Sadhu TL Vaswani was the man who began the development of the Indian education system to what it is today, and he was born on the 25th of November, 1896. This may make you wonder why his birth anniversary is commemorated as International Meatless Day… well, here’s why:
Sadhu Vaswani, along with being a great educationist, also happened to be someone who was strictly against the killing of animals and propagated vegetarian living. International Meatless Day commemorates his memory for one part of him, education, while also honouring his greatest belief, vegetarianism.
The morale behind Sadhu Vaswani’s take on non-vegetarianism comes from his unconditional love towards all beings – animals, birds, humans, and everything in between. He looked at living beings not as commodities, which can be used for their meat and milk, but as creatures to love.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on International Meatless Day for Kids
This set of 10 lines on International Meatless Day will be helpful for children or students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- International Meatless Day is celebrated on 25th November every year as it is the birthday of Sadhu TL Vaswani.
- Sadhu Vaswani was important because he believed in school and education for all children.
- Sadhu Vaswani also believed that we should not kill any living beings because we should love them instead.
- Sadhu Vaswani’s birthday is celebrated as International Meatless Day because he believed only in being vegetarian.
- International Meatless Day celebrates vegetarian diets.
- Eating vegetarian food helps out body systems to become cleaner and better.
- On International Meatless Day every year, non-vegetarians should eat only vegetarian food.
- Butcher shops are supposed to be closed on 25th November every year to celebrate International Meatless Day.
- On International Meatless Day, fresh organic fruits are the best food that we can eat.
- To celebrate International Meatless Day, we should donate supplies and money to animal shelters and also volunteer at animal shelters.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on International Meatless Day for School Children
This set of 10 lines on International Meatless Day will be helpful for students of classes 6, 7 and 8.
- International Meatless Day is celebrated on the 25th of November every year, marking the birth anniversary of Sadhu TL Vaswani, an educationist and vegetarian.
- Sadhu Vaswani is known for his contribution to Indian education and for fondly speaking of vegetarianism.
- Sadhu Vaswani was a supporter of education for all students, no matter their class, caste, gender, etc.
- Sadhu Vaswani started the Mira Movement in Education to support the education of girls.
- Sadhu Vaswani was highly against the consumption of meat, including poultry, eggs, seafood, etc.
- It was Sadhu Vaswani’s ideology that all living things including birds, animals, humans and others are meant to be loved, and should not be killed.
- Sadhu Vaswani talked about vegetarianism like it is the only correct way of consuming any food.
- Sadhu Vaswani’s vegetarianism comes from wanting to be compassionate and loving to all living beings.
- On International Meatless Day, we celebrate the memory of Sadhu Vaswani for his teachings about education by celebrating his vegetarianism.
- On International Meatless Day, we should eat only vegetarian food and we should also help out at animal shelters by giving donations or volunteering there.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on International Meatless Day for Higher Class Students
This set of 10 lines on International Meatless Day will be helpful for students of classes 10, 11 and 12.
- 25th November is the birth anniversary of Sadhu TL Vaswani, and it is celebrated every year as International Meatless Day.
- Sadhu Vaswani was a staunch supporter of equal rights for women, including in the field of education, and he was also a staunch supporter of vegetarianism.
- The Mira Movement in Education was started by Sadhu Vaswani in support of educating female students.
- Sadhu Vaswani also started a similar movement using his ideas of vegetarianism to stop people from eating meat.
- Sadhu Vaswani believed that all living beings, whether human or not, were meant only to be loved, and thus, we should not kill or eat any living being in any form.
- On International Meatless Day, we should all maintain a vegetarian diet with only the freshest of fruits and vegetables.
- On International Meatless Day, we should all go and volunteer at animal shelters or donate to them in the form of money or rations and supplies.
- Several state governments in India mandate that butcheries be closed on 25th November every year to celebrate International Meatless Day.
- International Meatless Day commemorates the accomplishments of Sadhu Vaswani by taking into account his contributions to vegetarianism.
- Moving from a non-vegetarian, meaty diet to a vegetarian diet is incredibly healthy and is propagated by International Meatless Day.
FAQ’s about 10 Lines on International Meatless Day
When is International Meatless Day celebrated?
The birthday of Sadhu TL Vaswani was on 25th November 1896, and thus, International Meatless Day is celebrated on 25th November of every year.
Why do we celebrate International Meatless Day?
International Meatless Day is celebrated every year to commemorate the achievements and beliefs of Sadhu TL Vaswani, who was an educationist and a staunch vegetarian. He believed in educating all people alike, and started the Mira Movement in Education for girls. He also propagates loving and preventing harm to animals and all other living beings, which is why International Meatless Day has been dedicated to Sadhu Vaswani.
How is International Meatless Day celebrated?
International Meatless Day is celebrated by refraining from eating any meat on the day, including fish, eggs, poultry, red meat, etc. Eating fresh fruits and veggies on this day is a great way to celebrate Sadhu Vaswani’s memory. Some state governments of India also ask the butcher shops to be shut on 25th November every year. Another good way to celebrate International Meatless Day is to go and help out at animal shelters or donate supplies or money to them.
Why did Sadhu Vaswani believe in being vegetarian?
Sadhu Vaswani believed that every living being – plants, animals, humans, the like – are meant to be loved, and that they should not be killed. This is the logic that the Sadhu used to tell the world why vegetarianism is important so that animals aren’t killed.