10 Lines on International Literacy Day: International Literacy Day is celebrated on September 8 of every year. The aim is to let the government and various organizations establish an equal power to quality education in the lives of all people. The day is celebrated with a new theme every year. The theme for 2019 was literacy and multilingualism. The day allows people to discuss, talk, and get aware of issues that matter to them and the existing political ideologies that they identify within different countries. The day provides an opportunity for a large number of people to get enlightened about human achievements as well.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on International Literacy Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- On September 8 every year, the world celebrates International Literacy Day.
- It is celebrated with a different theme every year.
- Many people don’t get educated.
- The day makes people aware of the importance of education.
- Literacy means to be able to read and write.
- In India, many people are still not literate.
- The day also focuses on the various talents of people.
- People come to know about human achievements.
- The government spreads awareness about topics that affect the public.
- It unites people with one vision- to study together.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on International Literacy Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8
- International Literacy Day was first celebrated on September 8, 1967, to spread awareness about the importance of literacy to people.
- Many people today still stay aloof from literacy and therefore the day is an attempt to give people access to get informed about issues that matter to them.
- It is also the day when people get to know about the achievements of humankind.
- The day also highlights various skills and competencies associated with careers and vocational skills.
- Every year, the day is celebrated with a different theme.
- As per UNESCO ” Literacy is the best remedy”
- It means that literacy is the gateway to a brighter future.
- Conditions of people can improve only if people can read, write and get employment.
- The programs include training the adult population.
- Literacy leads to the economic growth of a country.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on International Literacy Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Class 9,10,11,12 and Competitive Exams
- International Literacy Day came into existence on September 8, by UNESCO.
- The day aims to overcome economic crises owing to a lack of literacy.
- Today, the adult population in many countries is not literate, let alone India. Literacy is a way to enhance the lives of people.
- People get access to information on various technical and vocational skills to let them find them employment.
- Many countries fight a constant battle with social stigma, hence, spreading awareness about literacy is very important.
- UNESCO seeks the help of NGOs and governments to increase literacy levels.
- In India, Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao is one such program that aims at educating girl children.
- The program includes training the adult population.
- It also includes giving access to children to go to schools.
- Only a literate world can achieve the goals of sustainable development.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on International Literacy Day
When is International Literacy Day celebrated?
International Literacy Day is celebrated on September 8 as established by UNESCO.
What is the goal of International Literacy Day?
UNESCO aims to achieve sustainable development by 2030 and establishing literacy is one of the crucial topics for the same.
How is the day celebrated?
On this day, people all over the world are informed about various vocational and professional skills to help them find jobs.
How will literacy be helpful for the world?
The more people study and furnish themselves, and get independent, the more will countries prosper thereby increasing their standards of living.