10 Lines on International Film Festival of India: A group of active filmmakers from Bollywood and a charitable non-profit organization organizes India’s International Film Festival. The main objective of celebrating this festival is to nurture and encourage film art through audience participation. The cross-cultural cinema experience highlighted in this festival with future opportunities promotes advanced films and further careers.
In this article on 10 Lines on India’s International Film Festival, we divided the article into three sets. Each of the sets has varying content plus difficulty levels.
All three sets of 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India can be used by students studying in schools or colleges for numerous purposes such as homework, tests, and examinations.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1- 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th class students.
- International Film Festival of India is one of the most momentous film festivals celebrated in Asia since 1952. Every year, the festival is held on the Western Coast of India, in Goa’s beach town.
- The Films Division organize the first edition of India’s International Film Festival with the support of the first Prime Minister of India.
- Bicycle Thieves, Open City, The Dancing Fleece, The Fall of Berlin, and Miracle in Milan are prominent films shown during India’s first International Film Festival.
- The International Film Festival of India aims to offer a communal platform for the cinemas worldwide to develop film art’s brilliance.
- The State Government of India and the Directorate of Film Festivals under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting conduct this festival.
- The Indian Film Industry get exposure for the first time to the wide range of tremendous post-war era films.
- International Film Festival of India is mainly dedicated to featuring films. Animation films or documentaries may sometimes get involved in Tributes, Retrospective, and some other special considerations.
- International Film Festival of India got equal popularity with Berlin, Cannes, Karlovy, Venice, and Moscow International film festivals by getting an A grade category.
- The fourth International Film Festival of India was celebrated from 5 December 1969 to 18 December 1969. The fifth festival was held from 30 December 1974 to 12 January 1975.
- From the sixth edition of India’s International Film Festival, the dates along with the period for celebrating the festival get fixed from 3 January to 17 January for every alternating year.
Set 2- 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India
Set 2 is helpful for 6th, 7th, and 8th class students.
- Organized in Mumbai for the first time, International Film Festival of India from 24 January to 1 February, it was engaged to states like Trivandrum, Delhi, Madras, and Calcutta. The festival had approximately 40 features along with 100 short films.
- International Film Festival of India contributes to the appreciation and understanding of several nations’ film cultures in the context of their cultural and social philosophy.
- Satyajit Ray chaired the third edition of the International Film Festival of India. For the first time since its origin, the festival became competitive.
- This film festival graded with ‘A’ category through the Paris-based Federation International de Producers de Films.
- With an A grade recognition, India’s International Film Festival came on parity with Venice, Cannes, Berlin, and Moscow International Film Festivals.
- India accepted a permanent emblem at its fifth festival in 1975. It encompasses a representation of the peacock, which is the national bird of India.
- For the two initial editions, this film festival remained non-competitive. It became competitive in January 1965, from the third edition.
- India’s International Film Festival’s eternal motto becomes ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’, which signifies that the entire world is a family.
- For the first time, the silver peacock was awarded to the best director, actor, and actress during the sixth edition of India’s International Film Festival held in 1977.
- People enjoyed an Open Air Screening section during the celebration of the International Film Festival of India 2019.
Set 3- 10 Lines on International Film Festival of India
Set 3 helps the students study in classes 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, or preparing for competitive exams.
- On 21 February 1952, the first Prime Minister of India, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, introduced India’s International Film Festival in Delhi.
- The first edition had about 23 countries’ participation, including the US contributing 40 features plus hundred short films. Awara in Hindi, Babla in Bengali, and Amar Bhoopali in Marathi were some of the Indian films screened for the Film Festival.
- Some of the films shown during the first festival include Rome, Bicycle Thieves, The River (USA), Open City from Italy, The Fall of Berlin (USSR), and Yukiwarisoo (Japan).
- At the fifth International Film Festival of India, the country adopted a permanent insignia, which comprises a peacock representation. Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam meaning the whole world is a family became the permanent motto of this festival.
- There were no fixed dates and period for celebrating India’s International Film Festival from the first edition to the fifth edition. Since the sixth edition, it got fixed from 3 January to 17 January.
- From the 35th edition of the film festival, it became internationally competitive. Since 2004, the festival moved to its permanent venue in the beach town of Goa, India.
- Since the 35th edition, there are no permanent dates to celebrate India’s International Film Festival, which means dates often differ every year. Moreover, people celebrate this festival during November and December.
- The motive of celebrating the International Film Festival of India is to entertain, enrich, educate, and rejoice cinematic experience.
- IFFI 50th edition was celebrated in 2019 in November. The theme for this International Film Festival of India was The Joy of Cinema.
- The celebration section screened 14 films involving classics, comedies, and some movies from the related categories.
Frequently Asked Questions on International Film Festival of India
Where did the 50th edition of the International Film Festival of India happen?
International Film Festival of India 50th edition was organized from 20th to 28 November 2019 in Goa’s beach town. About 200 films from around 26 feature, 76 countries, and 15 non-feature films were screened at IFFI celebration times. During the celebration, 12 prominent films of more than 50 years in various languages were showcased.
When is the 51st edition of the International Film Festival of India going to happen?
The 51st edition of India’s International Film Festival will happen in 2021 in Goa and the dates observed are 16th to 24 January. The festival will get conducted in a Physical as well as Virtual format.
How many films were highlighted at IFFI 2019?
International Film Festival of India 2019 mentioned around 200 films from 76 countries across the globe. Directorate of Film Festivals and Goa’s Government and the Ministry of Information and Gathering hosted this festival.
Who was the winner of the 50th International Film Festival of India Golden Peacock award?
The director of ‘Particles’, Blaise Harrison, and producer Estelle Fialon commemorated the Golden Peacock award at IFFI 2019 50th edition. This film is a determined one screening the secrecies of being a teenager.