10 Lines On International Day Of Disabled Person: The International Day of Disabled persons were first proclaimed in the year, 1992. It was done by the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 47/3. This day is celebrated to encourage the rights and equality towards the disabled people of society.
On this day the disabled persons are educated about their rights in the various spheres of development. The disabled people are given the right kind of awareness and training in the social, economic, political and cultural fields.
The United Nations is very actively working for this project. It helps other people to be aware of the struggles of a disabled person. That she has to face daily, some help from the abled people can bring about significant change in the daily lives of disabled people.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On International Day Of Disabled Person for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The International Day of Disabled person is celebrated on December 3rd 1992.
- It has proven to be one of the most auspicious days celebrated across the globe.
- This day helps people understand the disability issues that a disabled person faces regularly.
- It encourages people to be helpful and understanding of disabled people.
- The International Day of Disabled persons makes people aware of the fundamental rights of disabled people.
- The other name of this day is The International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
- Each year the day focuses on a new issue.
- It finds a solution to the current issue and finds another issue.
- The day also concentrates on keeping the dignity and respect of the disabled person intact.
- Thus, it has gained love and support all around the world.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On International Day Of Disabled Person for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The proclamation of The International Day of Disabled person was made in 1992.
- It was an action-packed plan on several national and international levels.
- It emphasized on equal opportunities, rehabilitation and reduce the number of disabilities.
- The disabled persons take a full part in the development of their societies.
- Enjoy equal living conditions, just like the other people.
- They share similar improved conditions of livelihood due to improved socio-economic developments.
- There are various themes given every year.
- The theme of 2019 was ‘Promotion and participation of the disabled persons and their leadership: on the agenda of 2030 development’.
- The United Kingdom Government made mandatory work schedule for the disabled people. It provided disabled people with equal job opportunities and a better standard of living.
- UN launched a campaign in India to ensure the well-being of the disabled people under different castes.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On International Day Of Disabled Person for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The International days are celebrated to make the people around us aware of the current issues concerned.
- Celebrating The International Day of Disabled person brings the world closer.
- It enriches the core values among the people so that the people do not forget their humanity towards the world.
- Through the pillars of work, a disabled person will feel proud of herself, and further progress in her work.
- Disabilities are not only the ones, but that is also visible through our naked eyes.
- It may also be depression, mental illness, fatigue, etc.
- According to the World Health Organization, 15% of the world’s population is living with a disability.
- Among which a considerable number of people has a mental illness.
- This only proves the fact that disability can be both invisible and visible.
- As a result of this pandemic, people in the majority had stayed home. This has led to an increase in the numbers of invisible disability. It might not be visible, but it is as crucial as physical disability.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines On International Day Of Disabled Person
Why is the International Day of Disabled Person celebrated?
This day is celebrated to increase public awareness among people towards disabled persons. It allows people to accept disabled people and treat them equally with respect.
What has the UN done for persons with disabilities?
The United Nations moved from a welfare perspective on disability to development and human rights perspective. This approach was promoted during the International Year of Disabled Persons in 1981 and embodied in the World Programme of Action concerning Disabled Persons adopted in 1982.
What is a disability?
The term disabilities are used to all persons with disabilities like long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments. This hinders their active participation in society on an equal basis with others.
State a fact about disabled people in the world.
One in seven people have some form of disability and WHO has stated that 15% of the world population lives with some form of disability.