10 Lines On International Day for Elderly People: In 1990, the UN General Assembly voted for observing International Day for Elderly People on 1st October of every year. This day is celebrated to raise more awareness and empathy can among the entire world’s people about senior citizens.
Every year the International Day of Elder People is recorded with a theme, and all those themes have a common objective. The themes’ common goals are raising awareness about the well-being of older people and showing gratitude by glorifying the journey and contributions of older people.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On International Day for Elderly People Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The tenth day of October is the International Day for Elderly People.
- The International Day for the Elderly People is similar to Grandparents Day.
- On this day, children often gift cards to senior citizens.
- The contributions of older people in our society are tremendous, and we should never forget that.
- The older adults deserve our respect, love, and support.
- Older people need help to survive because of their degrading health due to age, and we must actively do so whenever and however we can.
- Society has aggregated thanks to all the contributions made by the generations before us.
- The government declares several schemes regarding the benefit of senior citizens on the International Day for Elderly People.
- Older people have a lot of wisdom because of all the experiences they have had in life.
- Children should ardently listen to older people when they voluntarily impart their wisdom.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On International Day for Elderly People School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- At present world conditions, out of every ten people, one is a senior citizen.
- The number of older people on a global scale is estimated to rise by 2050 by twice the count.
- One of the biggest challenges our society faces is recognizing older people and aging.
- For all the contributions elder civilians have made in the world, they deserve all our respect and love.
- The main objective behind the celebration of International Day for Elderly People is to promote the principles introduced by the UN for the benefit of older people.
- Each year the International Day of Elderly People has a theme that is a social objective set by the UN for the well-being of older people.
- The first annual theme for International Day for Elderly People from 1999 to 2000 was ‘Towards a society for all ages.’
- Several organizations concerned about the well-being of older people celebrate this day quite enthusiastically.
- Some negativities of the society like abuse of older people can decrease if we can make people realize the contributions the older people made in the nation.
- Visiting nursing homes, spending time with the elderly, cooking them food, and gifting them cards and flowers can bring a lot of happiness.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On International Day for Elderly People Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- International Day for Elderly People celebrated every year to create awareness about the challenges of aging in today’s world.
- Every year a theme is set by the UN on International Day for Elderly People for achieving a specific goal that will benefit older citizens of the world.
- The global position of older people is highly vulnerable because they face a lot of injustice and discrimination.
- The International Day for Elderly People highlights emotions of gratitude for the contributions the older people made in our lives.
- The awareness created because of the celebration of the International Day for Elderly People will eventually help to cope with and preventing old-age inequalities.
- The progress and expertise in the respective lines of work that older people have achieved through experience are precious; hence, there are many things we must learn from them.
- It is time that people let go of the stereotypes and social stigma regarding ‘old age’ and try to reflect on the best practices they maintained through life.
- There are many ways in which you can honor and appreciate older people in our daily lives.
- Several NGOs and senior living communities are often in need of support; that is why it is generous to volunteer in making those great souls happy by spending time with them.
- Everyone should be compassionate about each other and especially about those in need of our help, like the older civilians.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines On International Day for Elderly People
What is the importance of observing international days?
To address global problems and raise awareness about them and to celebrate socially significant days, the ‘International Day(s)’ is observed every year.
The elderly fall under which age group?
The people falling in the range of 60 years and above are the elderly.
What is the global count of older people?
The global count of the elderly at present is about 970 million.
Mention the theme of International Day for Elderly People of the year 2020?
The theme of International Day for Elderly People of 2020, as declared by the UN, is ‘Pandemics: Do They Change How We Address Age and Ageing.’