10 Lines on Huang He Yellow River: Huang He yellow river or Huang Ho is one of the main streams of northern China, the east-central and eastern Asia. The birth of Chinese civilization was done by the yellow river. The length of the river is 3395 miles, and it is said to be the second-longest river. It is outdone by the Yangtze River. The drainage basin of the yellow river is the 3rd largest in China, with an area of 290000 square miles.
From the southern Qinghai province on the Tibet plateau, the river rises. This river crosses six different areas and two regions in its course to Bo Hai.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Huang He Yellow River for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The Huang He Yellow River is known as China’s Second longest river after Yangtze River.
- Huang He river is also known as the home of ‘Hebo’ deity according to Chinese mythology.
- It originates from the mountains of Bayan Har in Western China.
- A high amount of silt can be found in the river bed of Huang Ho.
- Through 9 provinces Huang Ho river flows and at Bo Hai Sea, it empties.
- 5464 km is the length of the river and 752546 sq. Km is the drainage area.
- 2110 cubic meters per second is the average water discharge of the Yellow River.
- Due to widespread floods, another name if Yellow river is “Sorrow if China”.
- Through Qinghai, Shanxi, Shandong, and Henan, the river passes.
- The major cities by the side of this river can be found Wuhai, Zhengzhou, and Jinan.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Huang He Yellow River for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Just like the Nile river, which helped in the birth of Egyptian civilization, the yellow river helped in the birth of Chinese civilization.
- The Yellow river gets 45% of the water from the springs and glaciers of the Qinghai plateau of Tibet.
- The yellow river from Tibet flows through Inner Mongolia, Qinghai, Gansu, Shaanxi border, Ningxia, Henan etc.
- The Huang in China is also another name of the yellow river.
- This river is languid and sluggish and also known as the world’s muddiest river.
- The name of the yellow river is from the yellow silt which gathers in the Plateau of Shaanxi Loess.
- This river supplies water to 155 million people, and it supports 15% of China’s farmland.
- Due to frequent and excessive floods in this river, another name is “River of Sorrow”.
- The drying up of the river can be seen more than 30 times since 1972. So in August 2006, new rules were implemented to manage the drying up of the river.
- There is a massive dam in the yellow river which is built near central China in Xiaolangdi, which is one of the nation’s largest project.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Huang He Yellow River for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The Yellow River is the principal river of northeastern China and the sixth-longest river in the world.
- “Mother river of China” is another name of Huang He river.
- From the southern Qinghai province, the Yellow river rises.
- This river is divided into three parts, mainly the upper course (mountains), the middle course (plateau), and the lower course (low plain).
- At the height of 15000 feet in the hills of Bayan Har in the Tibetan Eastern Plateau, this river rises.
- More than 1800 miles and flow of 60000 square km area, the middle course of Huang He river expands.
- Towards Zhengzhou in the downstream, through Henan and Shandong provinces, Huang He broadens in the North China plain.
- The tributaries of the Yellow river are mainly the White river, Tao river, Daxia river, Qingshui river, etc.
- A large number of fish species with 28 families and 160 species of fish can be found here.
- Many bridges and projects of Hydroelectric power were constructed along the Sunmenxia dam, Jinan Yellow river bridge, and Liujiaxia dam of Huang He river.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Huang He Yellow River
Explain the importance of the yellow river.
It is one of the significant sources of water for the north of China, which is also the driest part.
Name another term for the Huang Ho river.
The Huang Ho river is also known as the yellow river or Huang He Yellow River.
Why is the name of Huang He river yellow river?
The name of this river is a yellow river which is the because of the yellow silt which is gathered in the basin of the river.
Explain the danger of the yellow river?
The yellow river is known for extreme and frequent floods, due to which it is also known as the “sorrow of China”