10 Lines on Honey Bee: Small flying insects called Honey Bee is essential for the survival of humanity in the world. Honey bees might be small in size but their contribution and importance in maintaining a healthy ecosystem are high. Bees are mainly found in habitats such as tropical rain forests and Woodlands, grasslands and Gardens where there are more flowers and green matters available.
In these 10 lines on honey bee article, we shall be talking about the various facts about Honey Bee that can be used by school students, college students and even researchers at the university level. We have provided three different sets with three different levels of information on honey bees and each of the set can be used according to the needs of the students.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Honey Bee for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Honey bees are small flying insects whose lifespan varies between 170 to 180 days.
- Honey bees usually live in groups and their queen has a lifespan of more than two years
- The queen exhibits leadership capabilities for the honey bees and takes care of the laying of eggs and the collection of honey as well as the building of the honeycomb
- Honey bees are said to be one of the few living species who never sleep or take rest and work day in and day out
- Honey bees gather all types of food including nectar from flowers to serve their queen
- One healthy Honey Bee would approximately lay 2,000 eggs in one day
- Male honey bees will usually succumb to death after mating with queen and they would be thrown out of the hives
- Honey bees sting people as a defence mechanism and also attack Intruder who create disturbances for their hives
- One Colony of honey bee contains approximately 70000 bees
- There are more than 20000 species of bees spread across the whole planet. Honey bees usually travel at a speed of 14 miles per hour.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Honey Bee for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- In spite of being small flying insects, honey bees have four wings and frequency with which they stroke each wing is 220 strokes per second
- Honey bees are probably one of those species who prefer community living along with their Queens
- They collect nectar, food and build hives is in order to protect their queen and the loyalty that is shown by a group of honey bees to their Queen is a matter of great study for scientists
- Honey bees have also made its way into politics and social causes around the world, for example, the Napoleon of France use Honey Bee as the symbol for the government
- Extinction of honey bees has become one of the great impending threats to the survival of our ecosystem
- In certain mythology such as Egyptian mythology, honey bees are said to have been born from the tears of the god of
- Even in Hindu mythology honey bees are considered to be auspicious and in certain regions, they are also worshipped
- When a honey bee bites, a person starts swelling and cause redness and pain because of a Venom that honeybee contains which is known as apitoxin
- They are set to be some of the most well-rated and structure living beings because of their organisation in the building of hives and keeping food on a regular basis
- It is estimated that one colony of honey bees provides 70 to 90 pounds of honey.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Honey Bee for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Honey bees are considered to be very healthy and they are made up of important enzymes, minerals, proteins and vitamins
- They contain an antioxidant that is associated with improved brain functioning and hence in certain ethnicities and cultural regions around the world, the honey bee is consumed as a daily staple
- The fructose and glucose that is found in honey are digested by human beings and hence the pure honey collected by honey bees are used by human beings for a healthy lifestyle
- The honey that honey bees collect also has medicinal value and is used in treating certain throat infections digestive disorders or skin problems
- Honey Bee is one of the very few species that produce food that human beings consume
- During the peak winter season on a collection trip, 1 Honey Bee collects honey from almost 80 to 100 flowers. A Colony of honey bee consists of 50,000 honey bees and one queen
- One bee flies more than 90 thousand miles to collect one pound of honey
- In a lifetime, a honey bee travels as much as 10 times around the globe to build hives and collect honey for their Queen
- Honey Bees communicate with each other by body actions and dancing
- The honey that honey bee collects is also used for beauty treatment and is said that the honey was the secret ingredient for Cleopatra’s natural beauty.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Honey Bee
What will happen if honey bees get extinct?
Honey bees are the main source of pollination and if honey bees go extinct, then the whole food chain and the agricultural cycle will be affected
How long can human beings survive without honey bees?
if Honey Bee go extinct, human beings won’t be able to survive for more than four years
Why do honey bees sting?
Honey Bee sting as a defence mechanism to protect themselves and their Queen from predators.
Is honey bee sting poisonous?
The main component of the bee sting is a toxin called as melittin and can be poisonous but not fatal.