10 Lines on Hola Mohalla: Hola Mohalla is a Punjabi and Sikh festival which is celebrated usually during the festival of Holi or a day after that. Hola Mohalla is usually celebrated on the first day of the lunar month and it celebrates the military capabilities and mock battles of the Sikhs and this tradition can be traced back to the 17th and 16th century
It is a special day for the Sikh community to come together and celebrate their rich traditions which were started by the tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh. The festival is mainly celebrated in the regions of Punjab and Haryana in India.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Hola Mohalla for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Hola Mohalla is a traditional Punjabi festival which was started by the tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh.
- It is usually celebrated in the month of March during or after Holi
- The celebrations of Hola Mohalla is a part of the rich traditions of military capabilities and courage of soldiers during the Mughal and Turkish rules
- But the values Mohalla Mohalla to today’s society propagates courage and bravery in times of adversaries
- Sikhs are always known for their bravery and this festival stands as a testimony for that
- Hola Mohalla is celebrated by people in Punjab and Haryana region
- Practising of martial arts, mock battles and other such events are conducted to celebrate Hola Mohalla
- Music, poetry and dance is also a part of the festival of Hola mohalla
- While the festival of Holi celebrates happiness and joy, the festival of Hola Mohalla celebrates courage and bravery
- In certain regions of the country, non-Sikh people also celebrate Hola Mohalla for the values that the festival inculcates.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Hola Mohalla for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Hola Mohalla is a Punjabi and Haryanvi festival celebrated in the month of March
- It was started by the tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh
- The concept of Hola Mohalla goes back to the 17th century when the Sikh was fighting the Mughals and Rajputs
- Mock battles were practised during the real war and this slowly became a tradition for the Sikh community every year
- Hola Mohalla held real-life battle traditions a few centuries back like shooting and infantry training
- Festival of Hola Mohalla for today’s Punjabi youth holds value in educating them of the bravery of their ancestors
- Hola Mohalla is celebrated along with Holi, combining the traditions of happiness and bravery in one single week
- The meal that is prepared during Hola Mohalla is called langars
- The Brave acts performed during Hola Mohalla is horse riding, weapon fighting and tent pegging.
- There is a procession that will be carried out during Hola Mohalla and this procession leave from Takhar Kedhgarh Sahib.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Hola Mohalla for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- There are very few festivals in the Indian subcontinent that celebrates the bravery and courage of our soldiers
- Hola Mohalla is one of the few festivals around the world that celebrate the sacrifices and the revolutions that people back then made
- The values that Hola Mohalla propagates are courage, bravery, sacrifice and selflessness
- Hola Mohalla also propagates a sense of happiness through the performance of arts, music and dance
- This festival was started somewhere in the month of February in 1701
- Guru Gobind Singh and his army went into combat against the Mughals, the Rajput and Aurangzeb and that is when the festival of Hola Mohalla took birth
- Guru Gobind Singh, known for his bravery and courage, started this festival to signify the sacrifices of soldiers in battles
- Hola Mohalla usually coincides with the festival of Holi in the month of March which indicates the amalgamation of bravery, courage and happiness in the society
- Different events like horse riding, sword fighting, athletics and other physically tiring mock battles are conducted during the festival of Hola mohalla
- The term Hola Mohalla means to attack and counter-attack.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Hola Mohalla
When is Hola Mohalla celebrated?
Hola Mohalla is celebrated in the month of Holi that usually falls between 10th and 12th of March
What is the significance of Hola mohalla?
Hola Mohalla signifies the courage, sacrifices and the bravery of Sikh soldiers back in the day
When was Hola Mohalla started?
Hola Mohalla was started in the 17th century
Who started the festival of Hola mohalla?
Hola Mohalla was started by the tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh