10 Lines on Harmanpreet Kaur: With the changing era, the mentality of people has started changing with time. Also, it happened in the case of the cricket world. Indian cricket team has been the fastest ever-growing team, especially gaining popularity due to the Women’s cricket team. The promising fielders and the cricketers have brought a significant change since that period. So, we have one such example of an Indian women cricket player, Harmanpreet Kaur. Her extraordinary acts, while playing, have won the hearts of many people. Here you will learn about ten sparkling facts about Harmanpreet Kaur along with her achievements to date with her promising fielding.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Harmanpreet Kaur for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Born on 8 March 1989, Harmanpreet Kaur is the daughter of famous volleyball player Harmandar Bhullar.
- This professional cricket player led the Indian women cricket team to lend it to WT20 finals.
- She stepped into the cricket world after she met her coach Kamaldeesh Singh Sodhi in Gian Jyoti School Academy.
- She handled the duties of captaincy against Bangladesh when Mithali Raj was not present for the game.
- Harmanpreet Kaur belongs to Moga, Punjab, who considers Virender Sehwag and Ajinkya Rahane to be her idols.
- She is a right-arm bowler and a right-handed batsman.
- She has gained the highest score in the history of the World Cup by women.
- She is an all-rounder who scalped nine wickets in the Test match.
- Kaur made her Test debut playing against English at Wormsley.
- Since the year 2014, she worked with Indian Railway.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Harmanpreet Kaur for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Harmanpreet Kaur is a well-said batsman who entered International cricket with the 2009 Women Cricket World Cup.
- She became captain for the very first time in 2012 in the Women T20 Asia Cup.
- She was the first women cricket player signed by T20 Franchise.
- Kaur is the first player from India who took part in Big Bash League.
- In her first match against Pakistan, she took a catch after bowling for four overs.
- When she played the first time against South Africa, Kaur took nine wickets in the year 2014.
- It was Harman’s part, which made India win against Pak.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports awarded Kaur with Arjun Award in 2017.
- In 2009, ICC Women’s World Twenty20, Kaur made eight runs for seven balls.
- Kaur made 1974 runs by 65 ODI innings with three centuries and nine fifties.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Harmanpreet Kaur for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Harmanpreet Kaur completed her studies from Gian Jyoti School Academy in Tarapur, where she met her coach Kamaldeep Singh Sodhi.
- Later she was introduced to Punjab’s Inter-District Tournament by Kamaldeep Singh on behalf of the Moga District.
- Harmanpreet was only 20 years old when she played against Pak Rivals from the Indian Cricket Team in ICC Women World Cup held in Australia.
- The unbeaten score of 171 in ODI has made her second-highest among Indian Women cricketers.
- Harmanpreet first debuts her captainship when Mithali Raj and Jhulan Goswami got injured in 2012. She played against Women’s T20 Asia Cup finals.
- She is the one from the Indian team who got signed by Big Bash League. Hence she signed for Sydney Thunder in the year 2016.
- In ODI 2013, Harman has scored the fantastic runs playing against England rivals. However, India lost it buy Charlotte Edwards. An English skipper could not stop praising her.
- She is the only Indian to sign a deal for Surrey Stars in Kia Super League.
- In 2017 in Women Cricket World Cup, Harampreet played against England, where rivals had faced a defeat by nine runs.
- In July 2017, Kaur stood second after Mithali Raj for featuring in the ranking of top-10 of ICC Women’s ODI Player.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Harmanpreet Kaur
Is Harmanpreet Kaur married?
Talking about the marital status of Harmanpreet Kaur, she is an unmarried woman.
Which is the greatest achievement of Harmanpreet Kaur?
Harman scored the highest as an individual in the knockout stage with 171 runs.
At which number Harman scored the Arjuna Award among sportsperson of India?
Harman has won Arjuna Award at number 17 as a sportsperson in India.
What is the age of Harmanpreet Kaur?
Harmanpreet Kaur is currently 31 years old. She was born on March 8, 1989.