10 Lines on Ghaghara River: Ghaghara River is a very popular river that flows from three countries: China, Nepal, and India. After the Yamuna, the Ghaghara River has become the second tributary of the Ganga River. This River covers one of the most significant portions in some states of India named Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. Ghaghara Rivers separate when it is flowing in Nepal. However, this River joins together again in the southern borders of India. Ghaghara River also consists of another name in Nepal called Karnali River. The River covers almost those areas of the Bihar and Uttar Pradesh that lie very near to Nepal. The following given set of lines will help students understand the significance of the Ghaghara River.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Ghaghara River for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The trans-boundary River of India is the Ghaghara River.
- It also gets to know as the second famous tributary of the Ganga River.
- Gandak River, Rapti River, and Kuwana River are three small tributaries of the Ghaghara River.
- The coverage area of the Ghaghara River is forty-five thousand five hundred square kilometers.
- The length of the Ghaghara River is one thousand eighty kilometers.
- The River originated from the best region of China named southern Tibet.
- Ghaghara River flows from China to the south-east region of Nepal.
- Ghaghara River splits in Nepal. However, it joins together in the southern part of India.
- Ayodhya locates in the lower part of the Ghaghara River named Sarayu River.
- Ghaghara River consists of Chhapra and Siwan at its banks.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Ghaghara River for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Ghaghara River also gets to know as Perennial River, which flows under the Tibet region of three countries named India, Nepal, and China.
- Nepal people also call the Ghaghara River as Karnali River.
- It rises at the thirty-nine hundred sixty-two meters height above the sea level of Tibet Himalayas, where glaciers of Mapchachunga have located.
- Karnali River flows in the less explored southern area of Nepal.
- Ghaghara River cuts into two parts on the way of Nepal.
- It gets adequately joined in the southern borders of India.
- Ghaghara River flows from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh to join ultimately in the downstream of the Ganga River.
- This River consists of alpine trees and plants on the high elevation areas of Siwalik Range.
- Mughal and Sultan fought together in 1529 for the Ghaghara River with the battle named ‘Battle of Ghaghara.’
- Wildlife sanctuary named Katarniaghat has situated on the basin of the Ghaghara River.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Ghaghara River for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The major left-bank tributary of Ganga River is the Ghaghara River, which also spelled as Gogra.
- It starts from the high southern Himalayas of China, and then it flows to the south-east portion of Nepal.
- Gogra River splits at Siwalik Range, and then it joins at the last portion of the south of India.
- Ghaghara River consists of 45,500 square kilometers of coverage area and 1080 kilometers of length.
- The Sarayu River is a lower portion of the Ghaghara River, where the birthplace of Lord Krishna is well-located.
- The basin of the Ghaghara River consists of the part of the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve named Katarniaghat sanctuary.
- This River runs over two notable projects named Sarda Sahayak Irrigation Project and the Saryu Nahar Irrigation project.
- Ghaghara Rivers serves drinking water and agriculture facility to the people.
- Ballia, Deoria, Ambedkar Nagar, Azamgarh, and Siwan are located in the Ghaghara River banks.
- Ghaghara River consists of ample Alpine vegetation in the tropical forest when it enters India’s Siwalik range.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Ghaghara River
What form of vegetation gets found near the basin of the Ghaghara River?
Ghaghara River consist of alpine trees and plants near the high elevation areas of tropical forests of the Siwalik range.
In which countries does the Ghaghara River pass through?
Ghaghara River passes from three common countries named Nepal, India, and China. It starts from the southern part of China, and then it continues to the south-east side of Nepal.
What is the reason behind the existence of the lower Ghaghara River?
Ghaghara River splits at the Siwalik Range, and then both portion of the Ghaghara River enters the south of India.
Which districts get found on the banks of the Ghaghara River?
Deoria, Ballia, Azamgarh, Siwan, Chhapra, Faizabad, and Ambedkar Nagar.