10 Lines on Geeta Phogat: Geeta Phogat is an inspiring freestyle Indian wrestler. She is a 28-year old wrestler from Haryana. She participated in the 55 kg freestyle category at the Commonwealth Games 2010 and became the first Indian women wrestler to win a gold medal.
According to her Father Mahavir Phogat’s authorized biography, Geeta Phogat’s mother, Daya, wanted to have a boy instead of a girl. However, through her hardships and failures, Geeta Phogat has achieved her dreams at the Commonwealth Games. Since then, Geeta has brought great pride to her family as well as to the country through her hard work and efforts.
The life story of Geeta Phogat is a life-changing and emotional story that teaches all of us that hard work, motivation, and efforts will help you achieve your goal.
The below-mentioned ten lines on Geeta Phogat in English provide you with vital information to formulate paragraph writings and essays on this topic as well as a guide for competitive exams and G.K. quizzes.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Geeta Phogat for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Geeta Phogat is an Indian freestyle wrestler and the oldest daughter of coach Mahavir Singh Phogat and Daya.
- On December 15, 1988, Geeta was born in the village of Balali from the district of Bhiwani, Haryana.
- Her father, Mahavir Singh Phogat, was a Dronacharya Award recipient and a former wrestler.
- Geeta participated and won the Gold medal in wrestling at the Commonwealth Games hosted in 2010.
- Despite her love for wrestling, Geeta completed her education from the Maharishi Dayanand University.
- She was qualified for the Olympics Games in 2012.
- Geeta managed to achieve a Bronze Medal in the World Wrestling Championship held in 2012.
- In the year 2012, Geeta Phogat has rewarded the Arjun Award.
- Geeta Phogat, for the second time, won gold medals in the Commonwealth Games, the 2014 edition.
- Geeta was betrothed to a wrestler Pawan Kuma on November 20, 2016.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Geeta Phogat for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Geeta Phogat is the daughter of a former wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat.
- She belonged to the dominant male society that considered that the participation of women in sports was not considered suitable.
- Geeta had to wrestle the male fighters to prove her strength, and the family was criticized for allowing girls to wrestle.
- Despite the overthrown obstacles and hurdles, Geeta focused mainly on her wrestling and improved.
- Geeta’s sister Babita Phogat also represented for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and won a gold medal.
- Geeta made her appearance in a popular national show known as ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi-Season 8’ in 2017.
- Geeta Phogat achieved her success and has paved the way for other Indian female wrestlers to achieve their goals.
- Her cousins were also trained and raised by her father after the death of her uncle.
- Geeta married a Delhi-based wrestler Pawan Kumar on November 20, 2016.
- Geeta is currently engaging herself with the Pro- Wrestling League- season II.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Geeta Phogat for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Geeta Phogat was trained along with her sister Babita Phogat by her father, Mahavir Singh Phogat.
- Mahavir Singh Phogat was a Dronacharya Awardee and Geeta’s first and former wrestling coach.
- Geeta was the oldest of the three sisters and one brother who all have achieved their credentials in wrestling.
- Geeta became a qualifier for the Olympics Summer Games held in 2012 and the first women wrestler to have achieved it.
- She participated in the Commonwealth Games in 2012 in the 55 kg freestyle wrestling category and won a gold medal.
- She even participated in the Asian Wrestling Championship conducted in 2015 and qualified for a Bronze Medal.
- Geeta Phogat was assigned the job as Haryana’s Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in the year 2016.
- Her inspiring life story was depicted in a famous Bollywood movie called ‘Dangal’ in 2016.
- According to Mahavir Singh Phogat’s Autobiography Akhada, Geeta’s mother, Daya Kaur, preferred a son over four daughters.
- In the autobiography, Mahavir Phogat states his intention of introducing his daughters to wrestling at the Olympics.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Geeta Phogat
Who is Geeta Phogat?
Geeta Phogat is an old freestyle wrestler who hails from Haryana. She became the first Indian women wrestler to win a gold medal in the 55 kg freestyle category at the Commonwealth Games 2010.
How many medals has Geeta Phogat won?
Geeta Phogat has achieved two medals at the Asian Games, six medals at the Commonwealth Games, eleven medals conducted at the Asian Championship, and three medals at the World Championship.
Which movie featured Geeta’s life story?
Dangal was the movie released in 2016, featuring Aamir Khan, Sakshi Tanwar, Fatima Sana Shaikh that depicted the life of Geeta Phogat.
Who has Geeta married betrothed?
Geeta was married to a Delhi-based wrestler Pawan Kumar on November 20, 2016.