10 Lines on Football: Football is a popular game that pumps gushing adrenaline for excitement. It is an exciting game that unveils sudden changes during the ‘biting nails’ moment. It is a universal game that involves big and small nations ever.
Football is a game that is played between two teams, with each group consisting of a goalkeeper and eleven key players. The game involves a lot of physical exercises that keep obe agile, fit, active, and healthy.
Football is a game that teaches us the importance of sportsmanship, unity, teamwork, and leadership. It is a game that relieves stress, teaches discipline, and calms and relaxes.
It is excellent entertainment, and every time we watch a FIFA world cup or any other football matches on TV, we tend to play a virtual game along with the players who are trying to grab the ball to score a goal. Here, we have provided ten lines on Football in English to help you formulate paragraph writings and essays on this topic.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Football for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Football is the most popular game in the world
- The word ‘Football’ gets its name from the combination of two words, ‘Foot’ and ‘ball, ‘ where the players run and kick the ball with their feet.
- The game Football is commonly called Soccer in Australia, South Africa, and North America.
- FIFA World Cup is a football tournament that is conducted once in every four years.
- Football was initially a boys game, but the present-day witnesses girls playing Football for our country.
- Football comprises a total of twelve players, with eleven key players and a goalkeeper.
- Each player competes against his opponent and tries to kick the ball into the opponent’s post to attain a goal.
- The team that scores more than two wins is considered as the winning team.
- A Football game is played for a total of 90 minutes. The entire game is divided into two 45 minutes sessions with 10 minutes recess session.
- In case of a draw or no score, the teams are given an extra 30-minute game along with ‘Five Penalty Shootouts.’
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Football for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Football is the most exciting and popular game in the world.
- Football is almost 700-800 years old and has been the world’s most popular game for over 100 years.
- The game was originally founded by the Greeks and brought to Britan by the Romans.
- Football is commonly known as Soccer in Australia and South Africa.
- FIFA is the most significant organized football tournament that is conducted once in every four years.
- Football is a game that encourages physical and mental strength and also motivates the players with the skills of leadership and sportsmanship.
- A Football team consists of a total of twelve players- eleven key players and a goalkeeper.
- If a person touches the Football by their hand, he/she gets a penalty.
- The game is set for 90 minutes. It is divided into two sets that last for the 45-minutes duration. The teams get an interval period of 15 minutes between the game.
- Football hosts worldwide leagues. UEFA arranged Champions League is one of the biggest football tournaments for the clubs to participate in.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Football for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Football is an exciting outdoor game that enhances the physical activity of an individual and is based on skills that defeat the opponents.
- The game prepares and enhances an individual physical and mental ability.
- Football players are the top paid sports personalities and have a vast fandom base dedicated to them.
- Football is the best source of sports entertainment that puts the spectator in a roller-coaster series of excitement during a game.
- The game also acts as a good exercise that is highly beneficial for health, and that is why most schools and colleges have included Football in their PT trials.
- Football is played for a total of 90 minutes with 45 minutes sessions. In the case of no goals, or a draw, the team gets ‘Five Penalty Shootouts’ and give an extra 30-minute game.
- Football matches are played worldwide under the bifurcation of various tournaments.
- The International Federation of Association Football organizes the highest tournament – FIFA, which is conducted once in every four years.
- Football associations have conducted almost 21 tournaments, with nearly 190 to 200 national teams participating.
- Football has shown signs of social and psychological benefits that improve self-esteem and boosts confidence level to attain good sportsmanship.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Football
Which is the highest Football tournament conducted?
FIFA is the highest football tournament conducted by The International Federation of Association Football.
Why is Football preferred in schools?
Football shows the signs of social and psychological benefits that improve self-esteem and boosts confidence level to attain good sportsmanship and discipline.
What are the other names of Football?
Football is commonly known as Soccer in Australia, and South Africa and Rugby are the American Version of Football.
What is the term ‘penalty shootout’ hold in Football?
A penalty shootout is a direct kick. A penalty kicker shoots the ball from the penalty mark, a spot located 11 meters from the goal line.