10 Lines on Fish: Fish is the aquatic animals that belong to the category of Phylum Chordata vertebrates. Fishes are the most common species among all the other vertebrates. It is because of the ocean’s presence, which consists of 70 percent of the earth’s surface. More than 25000 species fishes are considered an integral part of the marine ecosystem all over the world. Fish helps in preserving the nutrients in many water bodies by storing and excreting it in a cycle.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Fish for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- A fish is considered as an aquatic animal. It only lives underwater.
- There are almost 20,000 species of fish. It also includes the groups of jawless fish, sharks, bony fish, and many more with different shapes, sizes, and colors.
- The lifespan of fish is 20 years. Catfish has the most extended lifespan of 60 years and weighs up to 170 kilos.
- Fishes form a large number of groups and reproduce by releasing large quantities of sperm and eggs into the water. Also, it would make sure the fertilization of eggs.
- Fish prefer to be in groups, known as a shoal. A shoal can contain millions of fish.
- A fish can lay thousands of eggs. However, a few fish would reach maturity level.
- The process in which a group of fish is swimming in the same direction is called schooling.
- Fishes use a different variety of noises for communication. They make shallow pitch sounds and use body parts like bladder and muscle vibration.
- Fishes are mostly carnivorous. They eat insects and other small fishes. Only a few species of fish are herbivorous, and they eat weeds and sea plants.
- Fishes play an essential role in various cultures. They have symbolic meanings in different regions.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Fish for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Fishes evolved 500 million years ago before the existence of dinosaurs on planet earth.
- Fish is very slippery. Also, it is a cold blood animal that means it doesn’t require heat to survive.
- There are thousands of species of fish that are found on the water.
- Fish is considered one of the best dishes in the diet for humans.
- A special of fish is something that can be damaged by human touch.
- The fishery is considered as one of the profitable business all over the world.
- Fish lack eyelids; thus, their inability to blink.
- The jaw is attached to the fish’s skull.
- The fish whose feathers are thin, you can grow faster in the sea. Some fish are found which can fly. Also, it can fly in the ocean at some distance of a few meters.
- Fish is one of the beautiful creatures in the world. Also, it is found in the ocean; thus, fish is called Queen of water.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Fish for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Fish are cold-blooded creatures. It means that the changes in the temperatures of their internal body are in the form of changes around the temperature.
- The biggest fish is the Whale. It is shaped like a giant ship- all the creatures found in the ocean.
- Fishes navigate with the help of typical sensory organs, which acts like radar.
- Sharks are one of the most dangerous species of fish that don’t have air bladder. They swim continuously and take rest at the bottom of the sea. It consumes 12 to 15 people every year. However, hundreds and thousands of sharks are killed by humans.
- Fishes have the taste buds all over the body, nearly 25000 compared to humans who have almost 6500.
- Fish will die in water if there is not enough oxygen present in it.
- Fishes in the ocean might contain harmful and hazardous chemicals such as mercury. It is because of water pollution.
- Humans make fish farms to breed various fish such as tuna, cod, and salmon.
- Fishes like a shark can vary their body temperatures to catch the prey.
- Fishes are considered as Avatar of Lord Vishnu as ‘Matsya’.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Fish
What are some names of fish?
Some of the fish are bluefish, cobia, croaker, flounder, red drum, sheepshead, sailfish, silver snapper, sea mullet, searobin, dogfish, butterfish, blue marlin, albacore, and many more.
What is the real name of the fish?
The real name of fish is Derek William Dick
What are the healthiest fishes?
- Albacore Tuna
- Rainbow Trout
- Coho Salmon
- Sardines, Pacific
What are some fish that humans shouldn’t eat?
Some of the fish that humans shouldn’t eat are:
- Red snapper
- Chilean sea bass
- American Eel
- Orange roughly
- Atlantic SalmonWild Caviar