10 Lines On Constitution Day: The National Constitution in India is celebrated by schools, offices and organizations beginning their work after reading the Preamble. The Preamble is called the ‘Soul of the Indian Constitution’. Constitution Day is celebrated to remember the several contributions made by men and women to bring forth and adopt the Constitution of India.
Civilians should remember the rights given by the Constitution. The Indian Constitution defines the sovereign and democratic rights of Indians. All students and adults of India should respect and nurture the sense of equality, unity, and integrity for living a sustainable life.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On Constitution Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The date of 26th November holds great importance in the history of Indian Independence.
- In 1949 when the Indian Constitution was introduced the Constituent Assembly greeted it with loud and prolonged cheers.
- The framework document or book that guides the Indian Government to work smoothly is called the Constitution.
- Indian Constitution was prepared in 2 years, 11 months and 18 days to be precise.
- The Constituent Assembly had both male and female unbiased members who adopted the Constitution in 1949.
- The Constituent Assembly’s historic session in of 26th November in 1949 ended with the singing of Indian national anthem.
- The Constitution is the document that sustains democracy in India.
- The Constitution Day should be celebrated in remembrance of the men and women who gave independent India a proper constitution.
- The Constitution Day is also called the Samvidhan Divas in Hindi.
- The 14th PM made the declaration of the celebration of the Constitution Day of India, Mr Narendra Modi in 2015.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On Constitution Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The Constituent Assembly adopted the Indian Constitution on 26th November of 1949 that later came into action from 26th February of 2050.
- That is why every year the 26th day of November is recognized as the Constitution Day in India.
- The Constitution was put into motion by the Dr Rajendra Prasad who was the president of the Constituent Assembly.
- All political parties accepted and recognized the Constitution and pledged their allegiance to it.
- The total number of Constituent Assembly members was 389 who were the part of the committee.
- The chairman of the drafting committee responsible for making the Constitution was Dr B. R. Ambedkar.
- The supremacy of the Parliament that cannot be overridden is mentioned in the Indian Constitution.
- The citizens’ right of Justice, Liberty, Equality and Fraternity are emphasized in the Indian Constitution.
- Also, the Judiciary body of Indian Government is kept as an independent body as per the Constitution.
- All the fundamental rights given to the citizens of India, according to the Constitution, is free of birth discrimination.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On Constitution Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The Constitution Day of India is observed as a remembrance day when the Indian Constitution was adopted in 1949.
- The 26th of November might not be an Indian national holiday, but it still holds a certain level of historical importance.
- There were 395 numbers of Articles, 22 parts and 8 schedules in the original Indian Constitution.
- The present Indian Constitution has 448 numbers of Articles, 104 Amendments, and 12 schedules.
- The National Constitution Day was announced by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Schools and some organizations celebrate this day by educating students and Indian civilians about the Indian Constitution.
- Several quiz, debates and essay competitions are held on the 26th of November to test the knowledge of the participants’ about the Constitution.
- Promoting of the constitutional values among Indians is the main aim behind the observance of this day.
- The Constitution Day celebration reignites the sense of unity, integrity and brotherhood among Indians.
- It is the Indian Constitution where the nation is declared and described as the Sovereign, Secular, Republic, and a Socialist country.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines On Constitution Day
When was the celebration of the Constitution Day declared?
It was on 11th October 2015 when Prime Minister of India, Mr Narendra Modi declared the observance of the Constitution Day on the 26th of November of every year.
What is the reason behind the celebration of Constitution Day?
To stay grounded with our roots and remember the contributions of people in the formation of free India, we should celebrate days like the National Constitution Day.
What else is the Constitution Day called in India?
The National Constitution Day is also called the ‘Law Day’ and ‘Samvidhan Diwas’ as well.
How can schools celebrate the National Constitution Day?
Schools can organize an event on the Constitution Day which can include the reading of the Preamble and taking a pledge, followed by several activities to make everyone aware about the historical events that revolve around this Day. The activities can be skit performance, poetry recital, essay writing competition, debates and quizzes, etc.