10 Lines on Computer: A computer is an electronic machine that inputs information and processes it to give out new information as output. Computers came into existence from the time of World war II. However, at this time, only the government could access the machines, and the public was forbidden to use.
A primary computer consists of a mouse, monitor, keyboard, and a CPU. Other attachable parts can be used, such as laser pens, scanners, printers, etc.
Computers find their purpose and importance in different sectors as medical, education, defense, and research. It has become an integral part of our life, and life without computers would be difficult to live.
Here, we have provided ten lines on Computer in English to help you formulate paragraph writings and essays on this topic as well to assist you during competitive exams and G.K. quizzes.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Computer for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The computer is an electronic device that connects us to people across the world.
- The word ‘computer’ originates from a Latin word ‘ Computare’ meaning calculate.
- It was invented for solving programs and for calculations. With the development of technology, computers have evolved to solve other programs.
- A computer consists of a monitor, mouse, CPU, and a keyboard.
- A computer takes in information as input, processes the data, and gives new information as the output.
- A computer is used for various purposes. It is used for making Software, documents, invoices, lists, etc.
- A computer is also used for playing games, listening to music, accessing the internet, watching movies, and solving programs and calculations.
- There are three basic types of computers- Hybrid computers, Analog computers, and Digital computers.
- Computers are used in various fields like medical sectors, educational areas, research, etc.
- Computers can perform a powerful function and hence have reduced our efforts and made our life easy.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Computer for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The computer is an electronic device that came into existence during World war II.
- A computer has made significant contributions to the revolution of the Digital and modern world.
- The heaviest desktop to have been ever created was in 1980 and was known as the IBM 5120.
- The first primary computer was an Abacus invented in 500 B.C. at Babylon, and the first programmable computer was invented by Charles Babbage.
- Computers are popular electronic devices due to their computational abilities and high processing speed.
- A computer consists of components such as Monitor, CPU, Keyboard, Mouse, and other attachable components such as scanners, printers, etc.
- The most powerful computer, known as Supercomputers and computers, is used in different sectors such as offices, schools, stations, hospitals, etc.
- Computers are an essential component of all scientific equipment and widely used in medical and weather forecasting.
- Apple’s first-ever computer was on sale in the year 1976 and was known as Apple I.
- Computers must be appropriately handled, and a little carelessness leads to malware or virus attacks and other malfunctions on the computer systems.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Computer for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The word Computer comes from the Latin word ‘ Computare,’ which means ‘calculate.’
- A computer consists of physical components that can be attached to it known as a Hardware.
- A computer contains a set of directions that are already installed inside the machine known as the Software.
- Softwares are generally of two basic types- Application software and Operating Software.
- Computers generally have an Application software, a program that functions after the operating system software is loaded.
- On the other hand, operation software is essential in building Software that gets loaded when the computer is switched on.
- Computers work on a Binary system, which consists of 0 and 1. The 0 and 1 are the levels of storage are commonly called ‘Bit”.
- A computer consists of RAM (Random Access Memory), which helps in the operating of the computer and ROM (Read Only Memory). It is a read-only memory and cannot be written.
- A.I. or Artificial Intelligence is a function that is performed only by computers and is different from that of human intelligence.
- Computers have purposes in society such as Medical, research, Education, Defense, etc.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Computer
What is a computer?
A computer is an electronic device that came into existence during World war II and has evolved as a powerful machine that helps us in various ways.
What are the different components of a computer?
A computer consists of components such as Monitor, CPU, Keyboard, Mouse, and other attachable components such as scanners, printers, etc.
Mention the fields that need and make use of computers.
Computers find great importance in sectors such as offices, schools, stations, hospitals, etc.
Which is the first computer invented?
The first computer is the ENIAC machine invented by John W. Mauchly and J. Presper Eckert.