10 Lines on Bula Choudhury: Bula Chowdhury is an Indian swimmer and known for her long-distance swimming feats. Also in competitive swimming, she has gained fame. She was born on 2nd January 1970, in Hugli, West Bengal, India. She becomes popular only at the age of 9 by participating in various events of her age groups and winning 6 gold medals. As a kid, she learned and loved to swim. Though she had a hole in her ear, and due to water touch there would always occur some fungal infection also her doctors advised her that water was her rival, she didn’t give up on swimming.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Bula Choudhury for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Bula Chowdhury is one of the most renowned long-distance female swimmers in India.
- Bula Chowdhury’s birthplace is at Hugli, West Bengal, India.
- She started learning swimming at the age of 2 only.
- At the age of 6, Bula Chowdhury won six gold medals.
- Her one of the records in the 100m butterfly in only 1:06 minutes.
- Bula Chowdhury did the 81-km Murshidabad Long Distance Swim in 1996
- At the age of 12, she participated for the first time in the International Championship, Asian Games in Delhi.
- Bula was awarded the Arjun Award in 1990.
- She has also been awarded the Padma Shri Award.
- Bula also got Tenzing Norgay lifetime adventure sports award.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Bula Choudhury for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Bula Chowdhury is an outstanding long-distance swimmer who has made her mark in competitive swimming as well.
- Bula came into the spotlight when, in her first national competition at just 9 years of age, she dominated her age group by winning six gold medals in as many events.
- Bula is the first lady who crossed the English Channel two times.
- She established a national 100m butterfly record of 1:06.19sec in 1984.
- In the Seoul Asian Games in 1986, she made a record of 1:05.27sec in 100m butterfly and one more record of 2:19.60sec in 200m butterfly.
- Bula is the first lady in the world to swim around the 7 seas in 5 continents.
- President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam awarded Bula with the Tenzing Norgay lifetime adventure sports award in 2004.
- Bula is called the ‘Mermaid of the Queen of Oceans’.
- Bula’s husband’s name is Sanjeev Chakraborty and he is also a world level swimmer.
- Bula is the first woman in the globe to have achieved this level of fame in swimming during her era.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Bula Choudhury for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Bula Chowdhury is an excellent long-distance swimmer who has created her name in competitive swimming also.
- She is the first lady to swim seven seas and she swam the English Channel two times in 1989 and again in 1999.
- Her outstanding swimming performance in the South Asia Federation Games in 1991 gave her 6 gold awards.
- Bula Chowdhary finished the swim by the Strait of Gibraltar in 3 hours and 35 minutes and this was a world record.
- Bula Chowdhury is the first woman to defeat sea channels in 5 continents when she swam by Three Anchor Bay to Robben Islands in South Africa.
- At 35 years of age, Bula swam the 30 km distance in 3 hours and 26 minutes in the freezing waters.
- Not only the water bodies she had also successfully covered the English Channel, Catalina Bay, Cook Strait and Strait of Gibraltar.
- For her outstanding performances in swimming, she was given the Arjuna Award by the Indian Government in the year 1990.
- Bula also joined politics and she was selected as a member of the Communist Party of India and Legislative Assembly at the district of West Bengal.
- Her initial steps towards progress have provided countless hopes to all those ladies glowering inside with a desire to do something in life.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Bula Choudhury
Who is the first lady in the globe to swim across all the 5 continents?
Bula Choudhury is the first lady in the globe to swim across all the 5 continents.
Who was the first lady to swim the seven seas?
Bula Choudhury was the first lady to swim the seven seas.
What is the Age of Bula Choudhury?
Bula born on January 2, 1970, and she is 50 years old now.
Who is the husband of Bula Choudhury?
Sanjeev Chakraborty is the husband of Bula Choudhury and he is also an international level swimmer.