10 Lines on Betwa River: Betwa River is a perennial river. It starts in Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh, and flows up to Orchhar, Uttar Pradesh. It merges in River Yamuna, a tributary of the river. Betwa River is one of the ancient rivers. This Betwa River is already mentioned in the epic texts of Mahabharata. There are many dams that are constructed on the Betwa River. Check out the sets of ten lines on Betwa River.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Betwa River for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Betwa River originates from the Vindhya Range in Maharastra.
- Betwa River flows a north Indian river that flows in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- The length of the Betwa River is 580 km and covers almost 12,620 sq km.
- Half of the Betwa River’s journey to river Yamuna is not navigable. It is because it flows through Malwa Plateau.
- The Indian Navy named INS Betwa for its warships.
- Hamirpur district is located in Uttar Pradesh at the confluence of Betwa River and the Yamuna.
- The Dhasan and Jamni are the tributaries of this river.
- 358 km of Betwa River lies in Uttar Pradesh. And the rest of 232 km of Betwa River lies in MP.
- Betwa River joins the river Yamuna finally.
- Betwa River flows to the northeast of MP to Orchha in UP.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Betwa River for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The Betwa dams have been constructed to control the flow. The dams that include are Parichha Dam, Rajghat Dam, Dhurwara Dam, and Matalila Dam.
- The main issue for the cause of the Betwa River pollution is the violation of environment rules and regulations by the industrial sector.
- Betwa River is polluted due to industries and urban garbage.
- The Betwa River is linked with the river named Ken.
- Betwa River is known as Vetrawati in Sanskrit.
- Many numbers of smaller rivers join Betwa River when it reaches the river Yamuna finally.
- Betwa River is joined by Dhasan, Bina, Jamini, and Birnma on the right bank.
- On the left bank, Betwa River is joined by Bah, Saga, Kaithan, Kaliasote, Narain, and Halali.
- Nearly half of its journey is not navigable as it runs over the Malwa Plateau.
- To control the pollution, the National River Conservation Plan selects the Betwa River.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Betwa River for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Betwa River originates near Barkhera village in Raisen district of Madhya Pradesh.
- The source of the river, Vindhya ranges, is located at an elevation of 600 meters above sea level.
- The Betwa River has already mentioned in the epic texts of Mahabharta as Vetravati.
- Betwa River flows from Hoshangabad, Madhya Pradesh to Orchha, Uttar Pradesh. It travels a length of 600 km to reach the Yamuna river.
- The Jamie, Bina, and Dhawan rivers are the tributaries.
- Betwa River is popularly called as the Vetravati.
- The Betwa River rises in the Vidhya mountains and flows through Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- Halali is the largest tributary with a length of 180 km.
- It is said that the rainfall in the Betwa Basin is 100 cm
- This river is linked with the river named Ken.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Betwa River
Is Betwa River known as Ganga of Madhya Pradesh?
Yes, Betwa River is popularly known as Ganga of MP. It originates from Vindhya mountains of MP and flows along the Malwa to Uttar Pradesh.
Is Betwa River Perennial?
Yes, Betwa River is a perennial river. It is because it flows from MP to UP, and it is a tributary of river Yamuna.
Which river is in Orchha?
Orchha lies on the Betwa River in Uttar Pradesh.
What is the source of the Betwa River?
Betwa is a tributary of the river Yamuna. The Betwa River rises in the Vindhya ranges in Madhya Pradesh and flows to Uttar Pradesh.