10 Lines on Battle of Kannauj: In May 1540, the Battle of Kannauj was fought between Humayun and Sher Shah. The Afghan soldiers were capable of running off the Mughal Empire. Humayun ran away from the field of battle, and for the next 15 years, he survived like a wanderer. He reached Sind and live there for three years. He fell in love with Hamida. In 1542, she gave birth to Akbar, who became the most adorable emperor of India. In the Battle of Kannauj, Sher Shah became the leader of Delhi and Agra; however, Humayun became a deserter.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Battle of Kannauj for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- On May 17th, 1540, the Battle of Kannauj was fought in Uttar Pradesh, India.
- The battle was between Humayun, who was the Mughal Emperor, and Afghan Shershah Suri.
- Before the Battle of Kannauj, Humayun and Sher Shah was involved in the Battle of Chausa.
- After losing the Battle of Chausa, Humayun has no army left. He asked his brother to get the army support.
- Humayun asked all his brothers for their suggestions before the battle started.
- Kamran Mirza denied, but Hindal Mirza agreed to support Humayun.
- After managing the sufficient army, Humayun met Sher Shah at Kannauj.
- Humayun failed to manage his army due to several mistakes.
- Subsequently, Humayun left the battleground and lost the battle.
- Sher Shah became a dominant ruler of Agra and Delhi.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Battle of Kannauj for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Many sources term the Battle of Kannauj as the Battle of Bilgram.
- Battle of Kannauj was the second battle between Humayun and Shershah Suri.
- Without any conflict, both Afghan and Mughal forces stayed together for nearly one month.
- Sher Shah has defeated Humayun in the Battle of Chausa, and thus he thought that Humayun would surely take revenge. So, he was already well-prepared for the battle.
- For the second time, Humayun lost the battle and ran away to save his life.
- Consequently, Humayun was incapable of recovering all assets, bullets, and weapons that he lost in the battle.
- After defeating Humayun, all the weaponry and ammunitions came in the control of Sher Shah.
- For a while, the Battle of Kannauj has ended the Mughal Empire.
- The state of Delhi and Agra came under the power of Sher Shah.
- Humayun evacuated his life for the next 15 years after getting defeated by Sher Shah.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Battle of Kannauj for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- In 1539, Humayun and Sher Shah fought the Battle of Chausa. Afghan SherShah Suri has defeated Humayun and fought the next Battle of Kannauj.
- Humayun knew that he was not as powerful as Sher Shah. He tried to involve his brothers to get army support.
- At the Battle of Kannauj in 1540, Humayun escaped from the battleground. He became a homeless nomad.
- With the escape of Humayun, Sher Shah won the battle. Mughal Empire ended for a while with the defeat of Humayun.
- With all the war equipment and weapons in the Sher Shah, Humayun has never thought of defending his forts.
- After the battle of Kannauj, Humayun avoided entering the town himself.
- Humayun reached Sind, where he spent around three years. He fell in love with a 15 years old girl named Hamida.
- In 1542, Hamida gave birth to sone named Akbar.
- For about 15 years, Humayun lives the life of a wanderer.
- Consequently, after the defeat in the Battle of Kannauj, Humayun had to go out of the country to live in exile.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Battle of Kannauj
When was the Battle of Kannauj held?
Battle of Kannauj was fought in 1540 between Afghan SherShah Suri and Mughal Humayun.
What was the reason behind Humayun’s loss in the Battle of Kannauj?
The gun powder carried by Humayun soldiers were preserved in open ground. Due to heavy rain, it became wet and useless.
Who beat Humayun in the Battle of Kannauj?
Talking about the Battle of Kannauj, Sher Shah Suri an Afghan Emperor defeated Humayun, a Mughal Emperor.
What happened when Humayun loss the Battle of Kannauj?
During the Battle of Kannauj, Humayun thought his victory is impossible. He escaped, and Sher Shah became the ruler of Delhi and Agra.