10 Lines on APJ Abdul Kalam: The eleventh president of India and one of the most loved president by the children in our country is APJ Abdul Kalam. Abul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam is not just known for his Presidency but also known for many ambitious projects that put India on the international map in the scientific community.
In this particular article on 10 lines on APJ Abdul Kalam, we shall be talking about the history of Abdul Kalam and answering questions such as what has A P J Abdul Kalam done, who is A P J Abdul Kalam, where was APJ Abdul Kalam born, how did APJ Abdul Kalam become President and many more such questions that will be useful for school children and college students in their essay writing, debates, tests, assignments and homework.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on APJ Abdul Kalam for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- APJ Abdul Kalam was the 11th president of India.
- Having born in a humble family, APJ Abdul Kalam sold newspapers to make ends meet.
- He’s a real source of inspiration for people to achieve big in spite of having born in backward areas with humble beginnings.
- APJ Abdul Kalam is one of the best examples in the world for rags to riches stories and here when we say riches, it means the richness of knowledge.
- APJ Abdul Kalam was born in a small town called Rameshwaram in the southern state of Tamil Nadu.
- APJ Abdul Kalam was born in the year 1931 on 15th October.
- APJ Abdul Kalam is fondly remembered as the Missile Man of India because of his contribution to improving the defence of India in defence research and development organisation and ISRO.
- APJ Abdul Kalam was an aeronautical engineer who graduated from Madras Institute of Technology in the year 1960.
- In spite of being born in a poor family, APJ Abdul Kalam never gave up on his dream of becoming a scientist.
- APJ Abdul Kalam worked with some of the top institutes in India such as defence research and development organisation and Indian Space Research Organisation.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on APJ Abdul Kalam for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15th October 1931 in a small town called Rameshwaram in the southernmost part of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The full name of APJ Abdul Kalam is Avul Pakir Jainualbdin Abdul Kalam.
- Right from his childhood days, APJ Abdul Kalam was a dreamer and had big ambitions for his life.
- His work on ballistic missile technology and polar satellite launch vehicle systems in India gave him the nickname, the missile man of India.
- APJ Abdul Kalam won the prestigious Bharat Ratna award in the year 1977.
- He was a pivotal player in India’s nuclear test at Pokhran in the year 1998.
- One of his popular books, Wings of Fire, is his own autobiography which was released in the year 1999.
- Youth Renaissance day is celebrated on his birth anniversary on 15th October not just in his home state but all over the country.
- APJ Abdul Kalam has received many prestigious awards such as Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, and Padma Bhushan.
- In spite of being one of the greatest scientist and the most loved president of India, APJ Abdul Kalam always said that he wanted people to remember his as a teacher.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on APJ Abdul Kalam for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- APJ Abdul Kalam used to sell newspapers in his hometown Rameshwaram in Tamil Nadu from a very young age to make ends meet.
- When he was a kid, Dr Kalam wanted to become a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force but he couldn’t get the required ranking and hence his life took a different turn.
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam holds a doctorate from more than 40 universities across the world.
- The United Nations in the year 2014 declared October 15th, the birth anniversary of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam as world student’s day.
- He was the brain behind India’s first indigenous satellite launch vehicle 3 and also the project director for India’s first satellite Rohini.
- The Prithvi and Agni missile development in India was also the brainchild of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam and this development led to the creation of Brahmos Aerospace between India and Russia.
- The contribution of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam to India’s Defence system and the scientific community is applauded the world over.
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam passed away on May 27, 2015, while delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management Shillong.
- APJ Abdul Kalam was also a poet and he wrote many poems in Tamil, Hindi and English.
- Some of the most popular books that were written by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam are turning points, Wings of Fire, ignited minds and inspiring thoughts.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on APJ Abdul Kalam
What is A P J Abdul Kalam’s contribution to India?
Other than being a source of inspiration to the youth of India, APJ Abdul Kalam contributed to the scientific and defence systems in India by creating missiles, launch vehicles and nuclear weapons.
When did APJ Abdul Kalam become the President of India?
APJ Abdul Kalam became the 11th President of India in 2002 and served in the office till 2007
Why is A P J Abdul Kalam known as the missile man of India?
APJ Abdul Kalam is known as Missile Man of India because he was the brain behind the missile technologies such as Agni in India
Name few inventions of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
Pokhran, Nandi a double engine powered hovercraft, lightweight callipers and project devil are some of his great inventions and works