Essay on Animals: The presence of animals is essential because it maintains the balance in the ecosystem. In today’s world, some animals also serve as companions and help reduce our stress, anxiety, depression, and loneliness. Every organism has a unique place in the food chain, and each contributes to maintaining the existence of life on this planet. The man had learned early that with their more complex and advanced mind, they are superior to any other animal on the Earth.
What makes man superior to them? Humans had learned the ways they can use some animals for their survival, like for transportation or as a food source.
You can read more Essay Writing about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Long and Short Essays on Animals for Students and Kids in English
We are providing students with essay samples, both long and short essay type, on the topic ‘Animals.’ We will also include ten pointers on the same topic so that the students can use these to construct their essays.
On the topic ‘Science,’ we are providing readers with long essays of 400-500 words and short essays of 100-200 words. Animal essay will help the students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6; whereas, the long essay will be highly beneficial for students of classes 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Long Essay on Animals 500 Words in English
The living organisms that are eukaryotes and formed of numerous cells and those who sexually reproduce are called animals. Animals play a unique role in maintaining the balance of nature. Several animal species exist in both land and water, and each has a purpose for their existence.
The animals are divided into particular groups in biology for better understanding of their species like- amphibians (the animals that can live on both land and water), reptiles (scaled body and cold-blooded animals), mammals (the animals that give birth to the offspring in the womb and has mammary glands), birds (forelimbs evolved to wings, mostly feather-covered body, and lays eggs for giving birth), fishes (has fins in place of limbs, and gills for respiration in water), insects (they are mostly six-legged or more, and most have a head, thorax, and abdomen), etc.
Since human beings’ existence and evolution, we have established ourselves as the greater and more superior species for our sophisticated and more advanced way of thinking and applying. Humans have also learned to use animals for their benefit and have realized how to incorporate animals into our social lives. Animal husbandry is not a new practice done and has been in existence for a very long time.
The bond between humans and animals has increased, and now both coexist with a mutual understanding of nature. We have also strived to preserve the near exist and rare species through modern modes of conservation like zoological gardens and sanctuaries.
We have used animals for clothes, food, transportation, and entertainment. Animals have also been beneficial for us to discover new things from research and tests. Several vaccines and medicines are the blessings of the resources we obtained from animals. Animals have also been a part of outer-space explorations, which has achieved milestones in scientific discoveries.
Among these activities, some were for good reasons and to sustain a livelihood, but some were just the act of evil and torture the poor animals. With the modernization of the world, people started thinking about animals and worked for their rights.
It is essential to realize that with power, great responsibility comes as well. Hence, we should never abuse animals for our benefits. As good human beings, we must always revolt against any inhumane activity that harms our fellow wild friends.
Short Essay on Animals 150 words in English
From the beginning of human civilization, we have interacted with wildlife. Before trade and commerce existed, human life had to depend on animal resources in some places solely. Our ancestors who lived in caves and were nomads and some big animals were a threat to their life.
But eventually, they learned to fight and survive and use the skin of the animal for clothing as a layer of protection from cold, used the meat as food or bait, and also came to use ivory elements as utensils or ornaments. Now animals contribute to many more aspects like our transportation, social life, economy, etc. Hence, it is our responsibility to preserve and protect them against any abuse that is not necessary for our existence.
- It would be a shame not to mention bees in the list of essential animals for they are the most potent pollinators in this world, and almost one-third of the world’s food source depends on pollination.
- Dogs have been a loyal and faithful companion to man throughout their life, and they ensure physical security and emotional support as our loving pets.
- Squirrels are responsible for growing several trees on this planet, for they often collect nuts and seeds for winter and forget the place they stored them; eventually, those seeds and nuts grow into trees and sustain our ecosystem.
- Birds are called the ecological handyman, for they are responsible for many things like pollination, pest control, reforestation, soil fertilization, etc.
- Elephants are called the largest mammals living on land, whereas Blue Whales are the largest animals that exist on Earth.
- We all are aware of the importance of fishes and other aquatic animals, and firstly they maintain the balance of the marine ecosystem. They are also a source of food and have a significant contribution to our economy.
- Giraffes initially didn’t have an as long neck as we see them now; it was because of gradual evolution that their neck lengthened so that they can reach the upper branches of trees for leaves, i.e., their food.
- The Camel is called the ‘Ship of the desert,’ and they are highly used as a medium of transportation in dry sandy areas by humans.
- People often mistake camels to carry water in their humps, but it is fat that is stored in the tissues of a camel’s hump. These fatty tissues help to convert into energy or water, and hence a camel can survive for almost six months without water or food.
- Animal rights are the idea submitted by humans, which declares that some of the animals are entitled to some rights of their existence and their fundamental interests. This was introduced to reduce the exploitation of animals and stop the torture that man does to them.
FAQ’s on Essay on Animals
What is the study of animals called?
The scientific study of animals is called zoology, which involves research and discoveries about different animals.
What is the definition of animals?
The animals are the multi-cellular eukaryotic (living) organisms that belong to the biological kingdom ‘Animalia’ and can sexually reproduce (other than the asexual animals).
What is a zoo?
A ‘zoo’ is the abbreviation of the zoological garden or zoological park, and it is a confined facility that encloses several breeds of animals. A zoo is a place open for public viewing, and the purpose of this facility is to entertain and educate the people while also serving as a scientific research opportunity for those species present in the zoo. Zoos are also used for rare species conservation and are regulated by the government.
What are the living organisms other than plants, which are not considered to be animals?
Apart from plants and animal species, several living organisms exist on Earth. Examples of some of these organisms are bacteria, protozoa, algae, fungi, etc.