10 Lines on World Tourism Day: Tourism is the best way to maintain international peace and brotherhood relationships. Tourism plays a vital role in representing one’s culture at a global level. The United Nations World Tourism Organization has celebrated World Tourism Day since 1980 on September 27.
Every Year the theme highlights the important aspect of tourism. The hosting Nation celebrates the day with great zeal. It is an observance, not a public holiday. The livelihood of billions of people depends on tourism. Tourism-dependent states Such as Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, and Kerala open up the tourism sector with proper guidelines of covid-19. Wearing a mask and maintaining social distance is mandatory.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on World Tourism Day for Kids
Set 1 is useful for the student of class 1,2,3,4 and 5
- September 27 is celebrated as World Tourism Day.
- To maintain a brotherly relationship, we observe World Tourism Day every Year.
- It is a one-day event organized in every part of the country.
- It is a day to remember the importance of tourism. The day focuses on the development of tourism.
- In 2020 a lot of preparation was made for the occasion. National campaigns and webinars are organized.
- Every Year a specific theme is assigned to encourage people.
- “Tourism and national developments “was the theme of World Tourism Day in 2020.
- It is observed on September 27 as UNWTO 0adopted that day.
- The day was first celebrated on September 27 1980.
- Tourism is treated as social developers. It increases foreign trade in the country and maintains brother relationships with others.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on World Tourism Day for School Children
Set 2 is for students of class 6, 7 and 8
- This Year, world tourism day focuses on the development of rural communities. Rural communities act as an economic pillar of the country that provides jobs and opportunities mainly for women and youth.
- In 2020 official celebrations were done by a group of countries, not a single UNWTO member state.
- Rural communities stay alive by development through tourism. It is calculated that by 2050 68% of the total population lives in urban areas.
- The main aim of this day is to raise awareness of the sector of tourism. It teaches people how it affects social, cultural, economic, and political value Worldwide.
- Late Atigbi gave the idea of World Tourism Day.
- In October 1997, UNWTO decided to designate a host country each Year as an organizational partner of the day.
- International tourist arrival increases day by day. Tourist arrival has grown from 25 million to 1.3 billion in the last 60 years.
- By promoting our country on an international platform, we can earn foreign revenue. It plays a vital role in the development of the country.
- The tourism industry increases the GDP of a country.10% of GDP comes from the tourism industry.
- UNWTO chose September 27 as World Tourism Day because it is the perfect day to attract people’s attention. The selected day represents the end of the tourist season in the northern hemisphere and tourist season in the Southern Hemisphere.
Set 3- 10 Lines on World Tourism Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is for students of class 9,10,11,12 and competitive exams.
- Every country celebrates the day in their ways. Some regions organize promotional events and offer such as a discount, free offers, and many more.
- Varieties of the competition organized such as a photo competition tourism award presentation including discount and special offer for the general public.
- World Tourism Day is celebrated to bring attention to maintain peace and prosperity.
2020 is hardly affected by covid-19. No country is free from this pandemic situation.
- Restriction on travel and drop in consumer demand leads to lowering International tourism number, and it is impacted by economic laws and the loss of the job. Ordinary youth and worker get mostly affected due to this pandemic
- On World Tourism Day during the covid-19 time, it gives us a chance to rethink the future of tourism, including how it contributes to sustainable development.
- The UNWTO provides data that 100 to 120 million tourism jobs are at risk due to covid 19.UNCTAD (UN Conference on Trade and Development) forecast a loss of 1.5 to 2.8 % of global GDP.
- Young people in rural communities are three times more likely to be unemployed than adults. Tourism provides a lifeline providing youth with a chance to earn without migration.
- The World Tourism Organisation is a leading UN International agency in the field of tourism. It aims to promote tourism and offer leadership and support to the sector in advancing knowledge and tourism policy.
- Tourism provides opportunities to create jobs to promote local culture and products and manage the environment. Act as a source to eradicate poverty and protect the planet.
- The UNWTO recommendation on rural development and tourism to support the government as well as the private sector and international community
FAQs on 10 Lines on World Tourism Day
From which Year UNWTO decided to host the country each Year as an organization Partner?
In October 1997, UNWTO decided to host the country each Year as an organizational partner of the day.
Tourism day was first observed in which Year?
It was first absorbed on September 27, 1980.
Which day is celebrated as World Tourism Day?
September 27 is known as World Tourism Day.
Why September 27 was adopted by UNWTO?
UNWTO chose September 27 as World Tourism Day because it is the perfect day to attract people’s attention. The day represents the end of the tourist season in the northern hemisphere and the beginning in the Southern Hemisphere.
Who gave the idea to celebrate World Tourism Day?
The late Ignatius Amaduwa Atigbi proposed the idea of the celebration of World Tourism Day.
What is the main aim of World Tourism Day?
This day’s main aim is to raise awareness of tourism and teach people how it affects social, cultural, economic, and political value Worldwide.