10 Lines on Save Water: Water is the most precious element in the nature that God has gifted us. It is one of the few elements in the nature that makes Earth the only planet in the solar system to sustain life. Without water, there would be no life on earth. But man has not been able to realise the importance of water and has been exploiting this natural resource to feed his ever-increasing need and greed.
It is said that the next World War will take place between countries for freshwater because of the fact that only 3% of the entire water body on earth that is actually portable and consumable.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Save Water for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Water is the most precious element on Earth and it needs to be saved at all cost
- Without water, there would be no life on earth as we know it
- More than 70% of the surface of earth is covered by water.
- Only 3% of the entire water on the planet is freshwater which means only 3% of the entire water resource can be consumed
- Water is required for various purposes like agriculture, industries, domestic purposes like drinking baking and cooking
- Some of the major sources of freshwater are river water, lakes, groundwater and rainwater
- One of the most popular and easy ways to save water is rainwater harvesting
- There should be educational awareness campaigns on how to use water judiciously both on a domestic level and on a business level
- It is predicted that the next World War will be fought for water and the symptoms are already seen between India and Pakistan for Indus water and in the African Nations for Nile river water
- There should be a proper International consensus to use the water across borders without having to exploit and drain all of it from the river beds
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Save Water for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Water is the important element on Earth which is made up of two molecules of hydrogen and one molecule of oxygen
- The water on earth falls into three categories which are saltwater, brackish water and freshwater
- Freshwater is the only category of water that is consumable by plants and animals
- Water is a big issue among neighbouring countries because water has no man-made boundaries and flows across borders, for example Indus river that flows between India and Pakistan
- Water issue between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu for Cauvery river has been in existence for the last 40 years in India
- There comes a time when we have to choose between using water between agricultural purposes and drinking purposes and cannot afford to do both
- Enough resources have to be allocated for research and development to convert saltwater into freshwater
- A most popular way to save water is recycling of used water treatment plant set up in local communities
- Rainwater harvesting is found to be an important method to save water and recharge the groundwater table
- Agricultural practices like sprinkling irrigation should be made use of to reduce the wastage of water in rural area
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Save Water for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- Rainwater harvesting is a process of saving water where the rainwater is allowed to percolate into the groundwater table through porous soil and hence helps in recharging the groundwater table
- The population explosion, rapid industrialisation, globalisation and economic growth around the world are taking a toll on the limited resources of natural water on the planet
- Given the fact that only 3% of all the water on the planet is freshwater, we can’t afford to use this non-renewable resource irresponsibly
- There are certain African Nations who are already suffering from drought and desertification because of the irresponsible use of water over the last few centuries
- In India, the arid regions of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and parts of Maharashtra and Karnataka are facing drought every year because proper use of water resources is not inculcated among the people
- Data-driven centralised servers and technology should be used to keep track of the amount of water used by people in cities so that the pattern of usage can be found out
- To save water, the general masses have to be incentivized which means high taxes on the water is one of the solutions to make people use water responsibly
- In cities like Bangalore or Hyderabad, which doesn’t have seasonal rivers flowing in, rainwater harvest and building of lakes and embankments should be done so that they become independent from river water usage
- The construction of artificial tanks and lakes should be encouraged so that the water collected in these can be used for domestic purposes in cities
- If water is not saved today, then there would be no water for the next generation to survive on and the world as we know it will come crashing down.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Save Water
Mention a few methods to save water
Rainwater harvesting and recycling of water through treatment plants are few ways to save water
Why is water bodies getting polluted?
Dumping of toxic wastes, both industrial and domestic is one of the reasons for water pollution
Can saltwater be converted to fresh after?
Scientists are still working on mass-scale production of freshwater from saltwater, but as of now, the technology is redundant
How to save water at home?
Turning off the water tap when not in use, using a bucket to take bath instead of a shower, gardening water using sprinkler methods are few ways to save water at our homes