10 Lines On SAARC Charter Day: On December 8th, every year, we observe Saarc Charter Day. In 1985, the Saarc Charter was signed by the leaders of the Saarc countries. The first summit was held at Dhaka, Bangladesh. The full form of Saarc is South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation. Cooperation helps the south Asian countries progress and develop in the future.
The Secretariat of Saarc was established in Kathmandu in 1987, and King Birendra Bir Bikram Shah of Nepal inaugurated it. The main objectives of Saarc are to promote cultural, educational, technical knowledge in the concerned countries through assisting each other and maintaining peace with each other.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines On SAARC Charter Day for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Saarc Charter Day is celebrated on December 8th every year.
- This day commemorates the formation of Saarc in 1985.
- Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Maldives, Bhutan and Pakistan are the founding member of Saarc
- Later on, Afghanistan joined the cooperation.
- Saarc aims at developing their own countries through mutual help
- It deals with the economic, social and structural development of the concerned countries.
- Countries like Australia, China, Iran, Myanmar and so on are observing countries.
- The main objectives of Saarc are to promote peace, freedom and social justice to the citizens of the countries involved.
- The full form of Saarc is South Asian Association of Regional Cooperation.
- The member states promote democracy at all levels of government.
Set 2 – 10 Lines On SAARC Charter Day for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- On December 8th every year, we celebrate the formation of Saarc. Thus it is known as Saarc Charter Day.
- The original idea of Saarc cooperation was raised in 1980, however the origins of the association date back to three different dates and three different conferences.
- The leaders of the member states met in 1981 and later on adopted the declaration of the Saarc in New Delhi, 1983.
- The areas of cooperation agriculture, technology, health and population, rural development, etc.
- Later on, issues such as sports, arts, culture, etc. got added.
- Afghanistan joined Saarc at a later date, in 2007.
- The leading seven member countries are Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Maldives, Bhutan and Pakistan
- The Saarc Charter aims at promoting peace and stability to ensure the welfare of the citizens in the countries.
- It highly discourages interference of the other countries in each other’s matters.
- It aims at economic, social, political development.
Set 3 – 10 Lines On SAARC Charter Day for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- We celebrate Saarc Charter Day on December 8th, every year. We celebrate ut to commemorate the formation of the charter in 1980 by the member states
- The day celebrates the signing of the Saarc Charter which ensures peace and stability among the member states
- The concerned south Asian countries should not interfere and should concentrate more on promoting the well being of their citizens.
- One of the main objectives of Saarc is to promote democracy, at all levels of government. It needs to see that the countries follow the basic principles that a democratic government has.
- It also looks after the development of women and the presence of equality in the countries. To provide people with better living conditions and to maintain freedom of speech and expression.
- Its general objectives are to promote freedom and stability in the countries.
- We celebrate the Saarc Charter Day to revise and revisit all these promises the cooperation states.
- The leading members of this charter are Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Maldives, Bhutan and Pakistan.
- Later on, Afghanistan also joined in 2007 during the 13 or 14th summit.
- The Saarc Charter is a fundamental charter as it deals with the sovereignty of the neighbouring countries. The idea of war or external conflict with the member states is not permitted because if the chapter. The charter clearly states that no county to interfere in the business of the other countries.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines On SAARC Charter Day
Who is the current president of Saarc?
Amjad Hussain B Sial, from Pakistan, is the current president of Saarc.
Where is the Secretariate of Saarc?
The secretariate of Saarc is in Kathmandu, Nepal. It coordinates the activities and meetings, etc. between the member countries. It also serves as a channel of communication between the association and its member states.
Who is the first woman president of Saarc?
The First woman president of Saarc is Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed, who is also a Maldivian diplomat. She was the first woman to hold this post since the organizations inception in 1985.
What are the main organs of Saarc?
The four organs of Saarc are Meeting of the Head of state or Government, Council of Minister, Standing Committee, Technical Committee, Secretariat.