10 Lines on Malgudi Days: Mr. R. K. Narayan was a famous cartoonist, and in 1943 he also wrote a famous storybook, “MALGUDI DAYS.” This book was the collection of short stories based on an imaginary village known as Malgudi. The book is based on day-to-day life experiences of life, with a mixture of good, bad, and hilarious moments. Which cater to each age group and is a complete entertainment package. Due to its huge success and popularity among all the sections of society, director ‘Shankar Nag’ and ‘Kavitha Lankesh’ made a television serial based on this famous book. They also named this serial “Malgudi Days.”
This book was first published in1943 by Indian Thought Publications. The book was republished outside India in 1982 by Penguin Classics. The book includes 32 stories, in the fictional town of Malgudi, located in South India. The New York Times describes as “everyone in the book’s virtue seems to have a capacity of his particular hour.
“YOU BECOME WRITER BY WRITING. IT IS A YOGA” (R. K. Narayan)
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Malgudi Days for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Malgudi Days is a written collection of entertaining short stories.
- There are 32 short stories of a south- Indian village.
- Malgudi Days are written by a famous cartoonist R. K. Narayan.
- This book is based upon an imaginary town Malgudi.
- Malgudi Days was initially written in English.
- In 1986 a television serial was made with a similar name as ‘Malgudi Days’.
- The first story of Malgudi Days starts with the title named “An Astrologer’s Day”.
- The second story starts with the title named “The Missing Mail”.
- The third story is based on the title “The Doctor’s Word’.
- The fourth story is there with the name “Gateman’s Gift”.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Malgudi Days for School Students
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- Malgudi days was written and published in 1943 by Indian Thought Publication and was republished in1982.
- Malgudi Days was written by the noted author and cartoonist R. K. Narayan.
- It is a famous book with a collection of short stories based on the people of the fictitious place known as Malgudi.
- This book contains 32 stories and all are written depicting an imaginary town called Malgudi located somewhere in south India.
- Television serial was also aired on the name of this famous book “Malgudi Day”. The first 39 episodes were directed by ‘Shankar Nag’ and 15 episodes by ‘Kavitha Lankesh’.
- The Malgudi Days was originally was written in English and was popular all across India. It has made in English and in Hindi to reach a wider audience.
- The new series of Malgudy days was telecast on Doordarshan on 26th April 2006.
- The first story of Malgudi days is named “the astrologer’s day”, it is a story about an astrologer who knows nothing about astrology but fools the people.
- In the second story, “the missing mail” Thannapa is in confusion about whether to tell the death news to the relatives or not.
- Swami was the most interesting character for everyone.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Malgudi Days for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- “Malgudi Days’’ is the masterpiece of Rasipuram Krishnaswami Iyer Narayanaswami. Location, structure, and monument in the story was the product of his creative mind.
- Malgudi was first introduced in the novel ‘Swami and his friends’ but it was rejected by many publishers, which later became the iconic creation.
- K. Narayan got Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan award for his book Malgudi Days.
- After this prestigious award, R. K. Narayan has been compared with many legendry writers like Anton Chekov, O. Henry, and Guy De Maupassant.
- Every sketch in Malgudi days was created by the younger brother of R. K. Narayan, Mr. R. K. Laxman.
- Malgudi Days was also admired by many great writers like Graham Greene and V.S. Naipul.
- The child who played the role of Swami knew the Kannada language, in fact, all the characters in the serial were Kannad actors. They all worked together for a Hindi series of Malgudi Days.
- Most of the series was shot in Karnataka, and the first series was directed by’ Shankar Nag’ and the second series was directed by ‘Kavitha Lankesh’
- There are 32 stories in the book that kids liked, and ‘Swami’ was the most beloved character.
- Not only this, but these exciting stories also cater to the interest of all age groups of society. Every reader who is reading can feel a connection with the story. Television serial based on the same story was also a hit.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Malgudi Days
What do you know about ‘Malgudi Days’?
‘Malgudi days’ is a collection of short stories by R. K. Narayan published in 1943 by Indian Thought Publication. All stories set in the fictional town of Malgudi, located in South India. The people living in this town of Malgudi lead simple lives and face several trials and tribulations.
How many stories are there in Malgudi Days?
There are 32 stories in the book Malgudi Days, all set in the fictional town of Malgudi, located in South India.
What is the full name of R. K. Narayan?
The full name of R. K. Narayan is Rasipuram Krishnaswami Iyer Narayanaswami.
Why did Shankar Nag make Malgudi Days in Hindi and not in Kannad?
The Malgudi Days was originally written in English and popular all across the world.