10 Lines on Indian Cricket Team: India might be a diverse country with different languages, cultures and ethnicities but one thing that holds the whole country together is the game of Cricket. Cricket is the glue that holds the people of the country together and cricket has always been associated with nationalistic and patriotic emotions in the country. We can say without an iota of doubt that cricket is the biggest religion of India.
In this particular 10 lines on Indian cricket team article, we shall be addressing many questions such as when did India start playing cricket, how many World Cups has Indian cricket team won, what is the history of Indian cricket and many more questions for school children and college students for their assignments, essays, test and examinations.
You can read more 10 Lines about articles, events, people, sports, technology many more.
Set 1 – 10 Lines on Indian Cricket Team for Kids
Set 1 is helpful for students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Indian cricket team or team India or popularly known as men in blue is an Indian sports team that represents India on international cricket.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) is there highest authority for international cricket in the world.
- Board of Control for Cricket in India or popularly known as BCCI is the highest authority for cricket in India.
- Indian cricket team plays all formats of the game i.e., test, one day cricket and T20 Internationals.
- India played its first cricket match on 25th June in the year 1932.
- The domestic tournament in India for cricket is known as a Ranji Trophy.
- Cricket World Cup which is played for every four years and is the most coveted Championship in cricket around the world.
- Duleep Trophy is a popular domestic cricket tournament that is played in India.
- Indian Premier League or popularly known as IPL is a T20 format cricketing league that is conducted in India.
- India won its first international test match in the year 1952.
Set 2 – 10 Lines on Indian Cricket Team for School Children
Set 2 is helpful for students of Classes 6, 7 and 8.
- The Indian cricket team is formed and controlled by the highest authority for cricket in India which is called Board of Control for Cricket in India or BCCI.
- The first cricket club in India was established at Calcutta in the year 1792.
- Cricket is popular in India because of the history of the British regime for two centuries who introduced the game to Indians.
- It is said that the British officers in the seventeenth and eighteenth-century used to play cricket with villagers for various purposes including entertainment and tax benefits for the poor.
- Some of the legendary Indian cricketers over the years are Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Kapil Dev, Virat Kohli, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble and Javagal Srinath.
- Indian cricket team won its first World Cup in the year 1983 by defeating West Indies.
- Kapil Dev was the first Indian Cricket captain to lift the coveted cricket world cup.
- Sachin Tendulkar holds the world record for maximum runs scored with 18426 runs in one-day internationals and 15921 runs in test matches.
- After 1983, it was in 2011 that India won the cricket World Cup under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Some of the most coveted leagues in cricket around the world are ICC Cricket world cup, World T20 ICC Champions Trophy and Indian Premier League.
Set 3 – 10 Lines on Indian Cricket Team for Higher Class Students
Set 3 is helpful for students of Classes 9, 10, 11, 12 and Competitive Exams.
- The Indian cricket team is a full member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) for all formats of the game such as test, one day international and T20 International.
- The present captain of an Indian cricket team is Virat Kohli and the present head coach is Ravi Shastri.
- Indian cricket team and hence BCCI is considered as one of the richest cricketing in bodies in the world.
- Because of the increased flow of revenue from cricket Indian Premier League, IPL is popularly known as billion-dollar baby of India. IPL is played every year amongst 8 teams namely Chennai Super Kings, Royal challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Kings 11 Punjab, Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals
- The board of cricket control in India is worth Rs. 11900 crore.
- It is said that BCCI is far richer than the International Cricket Council and hence they command lot of leverage on International Cricket.
- A lot of countries around the world are lobbying for cricket to become part of the Olympics.
- Indian Premier League, which is one of the most successful cricketing leagues in the world, has a brand value of more than Rs. 47500 crores
- Indian Premier League is worth more than other cricket leagues put together which comes around 6.8 to 6.9 billion dollars.
- It is because of the popularity of cricket that the viewership rating is highest for Indian cricket matches and hence this explains the financial power that Indian cricket holds around the world.
FAQ’s on 10 Lines on Indian Cricket Team
Who is the present captain of the Indian cricket team?
Virat Kohli is the present captain of Indian cricket team.
Which is the richest cricketing body in the world?
Board of Control for Cricket in India is the richest cricketing body in the world
Why is cricket such a popular sport in India?
Cricket became popular in India when the British introduced them to Indians and the popularity of cricket rose after the introduction of the T20 format of the game
When did India win the cricket world cup?
India won cricket world cup once in 1983 and again in 2011